Celebrity TA, April 15, 2012

cirman52

In Lisbon, we're probably going to take the #28 tram and walk down, unless someone has a better idea. What were you thinking of doing, Ron?

I do want to take the 28, & have a custard at Beliumn's (sp) Last year, our stop in Lisbon was a sunday, this year, it's their July 4th.

I only drink when we cruise, & then just 1 & not every night. Lost my taste for booze plus diabetic. My drink of choice, is something fruity. :D

Stan may have a drink before the meal, no big deal for him, a package (drink) has a waste for us.

As for soda, I'm bringing on my own diet Dr. Pepper for the whole cruise, get my caffeine from that, no coffee for me.

ron

I only drink when we cruise, & then just 1 & not every night. Lost my taste for booze plus diabetic. My drink of choice, is something fruity. :D

Stan may have a drink before the meal, no big deal for him, a package (drink) has a waste for us.

As for soda, I'm bringing on my own diet Dr. Pepper for the whole cruise, get my caffeine from that, no coffee for me.

ron

I can see why an alcohol package would be a unnecessary expense fr you..

I ride a motorbike and drive a Bentley in London, and never use public transport or taxis, so I never get a chance to have more than one or two british measures (25ml) of Jack Daniels on a night out... The car is too conspicuous and it is way to dangerous to ride a motorbike with more than 2 drinks inside you, even if it is under the UK limits.... Going on a cruise is really the only time I can enjoy the odd glass of wine with dinner without cooking it myself, a brandy afterwards and something fresh by the pool... With the Martini bar being the meeting place of choice, there may be a couple of those involved if the atmosphere is conducive... speaking from experience...

Fortunately I dont have much of a problem with diabetes, BP or Cholestrol but I do avoid fizzy drinks and the carbs/sugars in orange juice too...

That's why we got rid of you guys. Just read the American tablecloth. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

John

If anyone wants a crib sheet on how Brits play bridge, email me and I will return it...

jaygee1243 at hotmail dot com

Jonathan

Cool! Well, wait. I think Belem is in the opposite direction. I bet they have the custards downtown, or does it have to be at that authentic place?

http://www.pasteisdebelem.pt/

In Lisbon, we're probably going to take the #28 tram and walk down, unless someone has a better idea. What were you thinking of doing, Ron?

I do want to take the 28, & have a custard at Beliumn's (sp) Last year, our stop in Lisbon was a sunday, this year, it's their July 4th.

OMG! I feel like a total lush compared to you two. I drink coffee from sunup until around 4 or 5pm, when I switch to wine, except for the beer or glass of wine with lunch. I take a huge thermos of coffee into class when I'm teaching. We live two blocks in either direction from major restaurant and bar areas, so no need to worry about drinking and driving. Plus, this is Chicago, so driving an MB SUV fast with a cocktail in hand smack into a Bentley or motorbike that cuts you off would attract little notice. You get bonus points for driving on the sidewalk to chase down someone with a Dr. Pepper or a fruity drink. :rolleyes:

OK, we're going for the drink package. :D

Cheers,

John

ron

I can see why an alcohol package would be a unnecessary expense fr you..

I ride a motorbike and drive a Bentley in London, and never use public transport or taxis, so I never get a chance to have more than one or two british measures (25ml) of Jack Daniels on a night out... The car is too conspicuous and it is way to dangerous to ride a motorbike with more than 2 drinks inside you, even if it is under the UK limits.... Going on a cruise is really the only time I can enjoy the odd glass of wine with dinner without cooking it myself, a brandy afterwards and something fresh by the pool... With the Martini bar being the meeting place of choice, there may be a couple of those involved if the atmosphere is conducive... speaking from experience...

Fortunately I dont have much of a problem with diabetes, BP or Cholestrol but I do avoid fizzy drinks and the carbs/sugars in orange juice too...

OMG! I feel like a total lush compared to you two. I drink coffee from sunup until around 4 or 5pm, when I switch to wine, except for the beer or glass of wine with lunch. I take a huge thermos of coffee into class when I'm teaching. We live two blocks in either direction from major restaurant and bar areas, so no need to worry about drinking and driving. Plus, this is Chicago, so driving an MB SUV fast with a cocktail in hand smack into a Bentley or motorbike that cuts you off would attract little notice. You get bonus points for driving on the sidewalk to chase down someone with a Dr. Pepper or a fruity drink. :rolleyes:

OK, we're going for the drink package. :D

Cheers,

John

Wow! Cool... was worried I was going to be spending my holidays with vegetarian tea-total abstainers!! :eek: Not that I have anything aganst them, but Blue and Martini bar just wouldn't be quite the same!:D:D:D

Archived