Cadiz 'Old Market' ?

Martita B.

Has anyone shopped at the Old Market in Cadiz? I believe the location is by the flower market.

Martita B.

I have walked through it,but really nothing caught my eye,but that was just one time.Liked some other streets better.Cadiz has some great leather shops so keep your eyes opeon if in the market for leather...prices a lot lower than BCN. I did not shop for leather so can't give you any names.

Hi Martha, we also walked through the old market and didn't really find anything of interest.

We spent a good amount of time walking up and down the various small streets in Cadiz. Lots of small shops and restaurants and cafes. Just a 5 minute walk to the ship.

Keith

Hi Keith

The Quest will call on Cadiz early in Nov. ~TA Crossing~ I loveeee alot of flowers in my suite so thought I'd shop for some exotics in Cadiz ~have read the flower market is close to the Post Office.

I'll plan on just a 'stroll' thru' the Old Market.

Thanks!

Martita B

I found the market in Cadiz to be interesting but then again I love visiting the all the markets in Europe. Looking at he different products, maybe trying a Iberian ham and the beautiful selection and so different that back home. I think it is worth a stroll through.

I found the market in Cadiz to be interesting but then again I love visiting the all the markets in Europe. Looking at he different products, maybe trying a Iberian ham and the beautiful selection and so different that back home. I think it is worth a stroll through.

It was one of the cleanest markets I have been in , worth a look :)

Hi again Martha,

I was wrong in my initial response as I actually got this market mixed up with one in a different city. I went back to my blog and also to our photos. This market was quite large and had a wonderful array of fruits vegetables, and many other food items. It is definitely a nice place to visit and we were there about an hour walking around. I am sure that you will be able to find nice flowers as well. Also try to walk some of the smaller side streets in Cadiz. There is a lot of charm to them.

Keith

My favorite market in Europe is the Mercado dos Lavredores in Old Town Funchal ~have been many times and always buy my flowers from the same sweet Portuguese lady.

I visited Cadiz several years ago but didn't stroll around the market so I'm looking forward to seeing it ~and buying flowers!:p

Also the Churros ~~

Martita B.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived