worth it to upgrade?

wilsonthesecond

This is our first cruise and my brother in law talked us into inside cabins-

Star Princess 4/17/05 on Aloha Deck in A720-back of boat. Now I am kicking myself that we didn't get balconies. But we are right next to the little pool area in the back of the ship so i am hoping we can use that as our balcony!

Do you think it is worth it to try for an upgrade or will we be ok?:confused:

It boils down to personal choice. We would love a balcony. We would love the Garden Villa Suites. We would love to rent the Trump Tower for a week.

We book insides and cruise more often. We feel that we spend more time out "doing things" and don't really need the ocean view, balcony or suite. What we budget for 4 cruises a year would be equal to one or maybe 2 balcony cruises. We have 4 weeks vacation a year and, at this stage of our life, we want to spend the time travelling together.

If you stay with the insides, maybe you will make friends with someone in one of the balconies and they will give you a peek ;) Then you will know for the next cruise.

Charlie

My first 2 cruises were an inside. That was fine for me until I had an ocena view. Then I had 8 cruises with an oceanview. Last year I had a balcony and I booked another balcony for this year. My daughter always goes inside. I think an inside is fine for your first cruise. You will enjoy the experience so much,you won't care what the room is. If by chance,you don't like it then you didin't spend a huge amount on a balcony. Your next one can be a balcony.

Laura

Thanks to all:

Since I have been unemployed for the last 7 months I guess I should be thankful I am on board!:rolleyes: I did check however about upgrading and all that was left was a mini suite that would be an additional $1600. Think we will stick to the inside.

My first 2 cruises were an inside. That was fine for me until I had an ocena view. Then I had 8 cruises with an oceanview. Last year I had a balcony and I booked another balcony for this year.Laura

....then comes the mini-suites, followed by suites, followed by.........

Archived