Pre cruise Ft Lauderdale

KaaaaaBoom

Hi,

Has anyone ever stayed at the "Extended Stay Suites" and if so, how was it?

Coming into Florida later in the day prior to the cruise and did not want to spend moe than $100 for a room for less than 24 hours.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hello

We will be staying there precruise april 8 we have stayed nextdoor at holidayInn the location is great the motel looked good but never stayed there on tripadvisor it has good reviews we booked it because we couldnt find another motel in the area with vacancys usless it was 200+ a night and Im cheap I cant see paying that just to sleep a few hours If you cruise is after april 9 I will post on here from the motel they have internet access and Ill carrie my laptop if this will help have a great day James

We would like that area as well, because of the convenience.

But don't want to pay $200 plus.

My Partner and I can enjoy spending the difference on the ship !!

I'll check tripadvisor per your suggestion.

Enjoy your cruise !!

We were thinking about using our Priority Club points from Holiday Inn to stay at this hotel before we left on our Liberty cruise in November. I'm glad to hear that the hotel is nice and the DW will be glad to know that shopping is near by. Do they have shuttles to and from the airport and pier and if not what is the approxiamate price for a cab?

I stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites last night and I would highly recommend it for a pre or post cruise stay. It is a new hotel with spacious rooms, a refrigerator, microwave and three telephones. It is across the street from a good Italian restaurant and next to a Walgreens. The area is quiet and the hotel was spotless. They have a complimentary shuttle to the airport and cruise port and the price was $101.00 through lodging.com. This price also included a hot breakfast. It is just a few miles from the cruise port.

I stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites last night and I would highly recommend it for a pre or post cruise stay. It is a new hotel with spacious rooms, a refrigerator, microwave and three telephones. It is across the street from a good Italian restaurant and next to a Walgreens. The area is quiet and the hotel was spotless. They have a complimentary shuttle to the airport and cruise port and the price was $101.00 through lodging.com. This price also included a hot breakfast. It is just a few miles from the cruise port.

Is this the Sleep Inn in Dania? That is where we are booked next thursday, and we are wondering about the parking there.

SW

I just stayed at the Marriott Hotel and Marina for $75 on March 19th compliments of priceline. Love this hotel. Give priceline a try, its great. To receive this hotel I bid 3* downtown.

gypsysue: Yes, it's the one in Dania. You'll be very happy with your choice. Parking is free and there is plenty of space available. I don't know if you can leave your car there if you are going on a cruise. I'd call the hotel to check. Be sure to go across the street to Jo Jo's for good Italian food and pick up any last minute items at the Walgreens next door. The people at the desk are very helpful, the beds are comfortable and the bathroom is quite nice. The shuttle leaves every hour and you'll be at the cruise port in less than ten minutes. Happy cruising!

The hotel's number is 954 874 1800

thanks dramamama.

I called the hotel and they charge $7 nite, which is $5 nite cheaper than the pier and since our cruise is 10 nites, you just helped us save enough to pay for dinner across the street! Some Florida friends are meeting us there, and they've been able to assign us adjoining rooms even!

thanks again

sw

I just stayed at the Marriott Hotel and Marina for $75 on March 19th compliments of priceline. Love this hotel. Give priceline a try, its great. To receive this hotel I bid 3* downtown.

doone you're back. how was the trip?

TheWog, yes I am, you have a good memory, thanks for asking. Both my cruises were SPECTACULAR. Just posted my review of the Zuiderdam on the HAL boards, tomorrow will be the Volendam.

gypsysue: Glad I could help you. You must let me know if you were satisfied with the accommodations when you return. I'm gearing up for a Grand Princess Italy/Greek Isle cruise in June.

I've also stayed at the Marriott Marina and it is also a wonderful hotel for a pre cruise stay.

Your right, I finally got the Radisson for the March 11th pre-cruise stay. It was very nice, but do prefer the Marriott Hotel and Marina, but for the money I got the Radisson at through PL, I'd stay there again as well.

Glad I was able to help you in your planning. Hope it worked out well for you as well.

Doone,

Is the Radisson a 3* through Priceline and can you walk to Bayside? Thanks for any help you can give. I tried Priceline for the 1st time yesterday and bid a 3* for 50.00 for November and didn't get it. I'll have to up the price.

Liz

Hey Kaboom

we are in the extended stay right now this place is fine for a night befor a cruise The front desk is very friendly and the room is very nice and clean It even has a small kitchen coffee maker etc which we wont be using not cooking im on vacation LOL but dont let anyone deffer you from the extended stay for the price you cant beat it it is convienent and actually nice and quiet we stayed at the Hyatt last month in Miami and this is just as nice no pool but who cares and it is walking distance to water taxi and many places to eat have a great day OUR SHIP SETS SAIL TOMORROW WHOOOOO HOOOOO James

I would really like to stay at the Hyatt Pier 66, but online prices are a bit to expensive for us. I do have reservations at the Wyndham airport(formerly Hilton)for $109, so I am covered. But a better location and cheaper price would be nice. I just want to know if I book with PL, do I pick the Beach area, or the Downtown area. Never been there before and I thought the Beach area looked like the right location, nearest the port. Am I right?

When I use priceline, I like the downtown area so I bid 3* downtown and so far have gotten the Marriott. One occassion I also put in the beach zone since I had no luck with downtown, got the Radisson, which is in the beach zone. I was pleased with both hotels and the areas they were in. Don't be concerned about distance of hotels and the pier and airport. Everything is very close in Ft. Laudedale and taxi rides aren't that expensive.

Good luck.

Do some checking on biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com and they can tell you if anything else is being won in the 4* beach zone. If not you will get the Hyatt Pier 66. We won it off PL in November for January stay and paid $95 for the night. Great hotel, especially for the price. It's not on the beach, but it is on the beach side of the bridge. Good luck.

We just reserved a room at LaQuinta for late Sept. through Parksleepfly (they have a cruise section) for $99 per night and you can leave your car for up to 14 days.

That did not include taxes but still not too bad. Has anyone stayed there before?

Patsy

jplewis -

We stayed at the LaQuinta FLL Airport and it was great. Nice rooms, pool and complimentary breakfast. They also have a shuttle to the port. We would stay there again in a minute. There are restaurants within walking distance also.

Archived