Just home from Oasis, if anyone has any questions

Ginnyfyr

Who was your CD and do you know if they will be on the Oasis in December?

Already booked our entertainment and specialty rest. so we're good there.

Ninety days and counting.

I think her name was Amy Flichert...something like that (first name was definitely Amy). Not sure if she'll still be there in December but I hope she is - she was really fun, very upbeat and peppy!

Sorry Regina...that name doesn't ring a bell. BUT, we also mainly stuck to the same bars in our favourite spots around the ship so it's entirely possible that Junior was working somewhere that we weren't visiting. I hope you get to reconnect on your trip!

Can you tell me in what order you booked your shows? I don't want to miss a thing and since I don't have a current copy of the compass I don't want to conflict. Also, was the comedy show really the same each night or are they just saying that so you don't clog up the reservation system. Thanks.

We are leaving in a month, and had all the shows reserved. With reservations, how early do we need to show up before the show time? Thx!

Get there 15-20 minutes before showtime. When there's 10 minutes to go, they start releasing seats to people who don't have a reservation so you want to make sure you're there in time!

Can you tell me in what order you booked your shows? I don't want to miss a thing and since I don't have a current copy of the compass I don't want to conflict. Also, was the comedy show really the same each night or are they just saying that so you don't clog up the reservation system. Thanks.

Good thing I still have our paperwork cuz all the shows are a jumble in my mind right now!

Sunday - comedy show @ 9:00 (yes, I think it is the same show all week)

Monday - Oasis of Dreams @ 9:30 (which got bumped to 7 pm Wednesday due to weather)

Tuesday - headliner show @ 10:30 (which we missed because I forgot we'd made a reservation, lol)

Wednesday - Frozen in Time @ 10:30

Thursday - Come Fly With Me @ 8:30

I'm a little confused about the pricing in the specialty restaurants. I believe that they changed the pricing recently and lowered the cover charge, but began charging a la carte prices for certain restaurants. Can you tell me what your experience was like and what the a la carte prices were like for the restaurants that employed that pricing structure. Thanks.

I'm a little confused about the pricing in the specialty restaurants. I believe that they changed the pricing recently and lowered the cover charge, but began charging a la carte prices for certain restaurants. Can you tell me what your experience was like and what the a la carte prices were like for the restaurants that employed that pricing structure. Thanks.

Chops was $30 per person, Giovanni's Table was $20 each, and Izumi was $10 when I booked it but they've now lowered it to $5 per person so they refunded us the difference. Aside from paying for wine/drinks at each restaurant, Izumi is the only one that charges a la carte. I'm not really sure why they charge the $5 fee since you're paying for everything you order on top of that! We loved Chops and Izumi - freshest sushi I've ever had, and the hot rock thing was pretty cool. Giovanni's Table was a huge disappointment. Very loud/crowded, slow service, so-so food...definitely not one I would recommend based on our experience.

Do you by chance have the menus for the main dining room? We are trying to determine which nights to eat at the specialty restaurants.

Sorry, I don't :( We only ate there a few nights so I really didn't pay much attention. I wonder if you could email RCI and ask them to send you that info? If you aren't able to find the menus and decide to just wing it on making your specialty reservations, they are quite accommodating if you want to change a reservation. We had to bump our res at Giovanni's Table because a show got rescheduled and we just had to call them. We ended up with a reservation about an hour later than we'd originally scheduled, but we also had to make that change mid-week when reservations were starting to fill up. When you get on the ship, you can access the MDR menus for the entire week through your stateroom tv, so if you want to change something you'll probably have good luck if you call early in the week.

• 5 years later...
I'm uploading some room pics to Photobucket right now...then I just have to figure out how to insert them in a reasonable size on here; that part could take a while :confused:

I know this is a dumb question, but where can I find these pics? We are booked on the Harmony in 8190 in 2018 and I am a little worried that the bigger balcony next door will block our view.