Confused About Collectors Cruises.....

sail7seas

Sail if you were booked thru a TA that would not happen. I have many clients do this because I can set up groups on each segment that these group prices tend to be lower than HAL's so the price difference comes out pretty good. And yes if you should need to cancel one week you can.

Thanks, Lisa.

There are pros and cons for booking both ways.

I know there are better prices by booking with a TA, our b-to-b's could remain that way if we wish and I might even be able to get a Cruise Atlas.

On the other hand, I would not be able to call HAL directly to speak with them about anything. We are most concerned about one or two things to be sure we enjoy our cruises to the fullest. If they don't happen, we are not happy so I don't want any excuses or finger pointing...... I want to be 'it happens' so calling myself is best. :)

Few things in this world are perfect and we have to make choices.

I'm not 'wed' to the idea of never using TA again but not right now .....maybe tomorrow. :D

Maasdam has Indonesian Lunch for in transit guests on turnaround day which we miss on Canada/New England cruises. We want to go ashore in Montreal.

I don't recall they did anything for in transits on our Eurodam cruises on any of our Collectors.

I am 2 credits from moving to 3* and am booked on a Collectors Voyage in a couple of months. When I start the second half of this trip will I be a 3* or do I not get credit until the next time I sail?

You will get 3* benefits on your next HAL cruise.

I remember when Cunard offered cruises where you could get off on about day 3 or 4 and stay a week. When we did our back-to-back cruise we were asked by the TA if on either week we wanted to do that. But we couldn't get 3 weeks of vacation time together.

That was it. You got off in either Barbados or St. Lucia (day 3 or 4 depending). It was a 2 week vacation, one week split on board and the week in the middle on the island. We absolutely loved it, but I'm sure that now, with much larger ships, it would be impossible to work out and not worth it to the cruise lines.

Archived