What to pack booster seats in?

Sunshine101

Hi folks!

We will be bringing our two booster seats with us and I'm wondering the best way to bring these. I guess I should try to fit them flat into the bottom of each of our suitcases? Or should I put them in a duffle bag of some sort and check them? What about when travelling around with them in port, any suggestions?

Many thanks!

I know people get fancy and put them in bags and all kinds of things. But really...we just carry them. I hang them off the strollers. And I gate check them.

And in port, I do the same. I carry them. Now, with that being said. I bought those backless boosters JUST for cruising. They were something like $20. So it wasn't a budget breaker. And I pull them out for every cruise.

Crazy I am not going to need them this cruise. My kids are getting so big. :eek: One is almost as tall as me. When did that happen? :eek:

I use a big duffel bag that I had at home to carry the booster on the plane. I don't gate check, but do convince the airline staff that I'm allowed to bring it on board and store in the overhead bin. We've travelled on Air Canada, US Air and West Jet and never had a problem. Check the airline's website, most will allow you to gate check which is preferable to checking with the luggage. If you can get it to fit in your luggage you could pack it around clothes which would offer some protection, but I know I can't fit the bottom of my Graco Turbo Booster or the Evenflo booster into my luggage.

I prefer to carry the seat in a bag when in port too, because I don't like them being full of sand or exposed to the sunlight when we get to our destination. This being said, I'm a volunteer car seat tech and VERY ANAL about how my car seats and boosters are treated ;) Plus in Canada we can't buy car seats and boosters as inexpensively as in the US, so I tend to take special care of them.

Archived