Making final payment

writer2B

Today I attempted to make my final payment via phone call to Princess because there wasn't an online option available to me. This is my 3rd Princess cruise, but the first booked through a travel agency. I did this because several cabins were reserved for family. The customer rep told me flat-out that because I had booked with a travel agent I had to have the travel agent make my final payment. I see this as a flawed policy. The fare we got was because of past passenger status, so the possible lower rate offered by some travel agencies did not apply.:confused:

If you booked through a travel agent, then you need to work with your travel agent on all matters regarding the booking, including payment.

However, in the future I would consider looking for a new travel agent since yours did not offer you any kind of discount above what was offered by the Princess past passenger rates. They are many travel agents out there that will give you about 10% off of the Princess past passenger discounts. Look around for a new TA for your next cruise.

Yes, all communication and payments must go through your agent. If you do not care for that, do not use an agent in the future.

However, all agents have access to your past passenger rate as well as the ability to offer additional discounts. If yours does not, then there is little to gain by using an agent. Most agents get a better deal for their clients.

Today I attempted to make my final payment via phone call to Princess because there wasn't an online option available to me. This is my 3rd Princess cruise, but the first booked through a travel agency. I did this because several cabins were reserved for family. The customer rep told me flat-out that because I had booked with a travel agent I had to have the travel agent make my final payment. I see this as a flawed policy. The fare we got was because of past passenger status, so the possible lower rate offered by some travel agencies did not apply.:confused:

This is not a new rule with Princess, but has been the case as far back as I can remember. Since you booked through a TA, you have in a sense hired them to do all the booking and payments for you. Princess will not deal with you directly, as you have actually 'hired' someone to do that for you.

I too would search for a different travel agent as there are many discount TA's out there that will save you at least 10% over and above your past passengers rates. At least you know for next time now that you can save more when booking through a TA that you can not save booking direct with Princess. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived