Weather cruising to Bermuda in Mid Oct.

Delta Dear

I see the average temps in Bermuda in Oct. are in the mid 70's but what about the sea days in getting to and from Norfolk this time of year. Can anyone tell me what to expect ?

I have only packed for cruises from FL to the Caribbean so I have no clue if I need to plan my wardrobe differently for cruising this far north.

Thanks for any tips.

We honeymooned in Bermuda the week of October12th 25 years ago....

We swam everyday but the resort workers all said to us - Oh you are so lucky with the weather this week! lol

We cruised early June this year and it was almost the same weather. lol

(Next time - Bermuda for a week in JULY! :D)

Leaving in a few days for my 4th trip to Bermuda....all trips have been in late Sept/ early Oct and (knock on wood) the weather has been spectacular every time....warm enough for swimming and enjoying the beach, the water temp is perfect and NO CROWDS (very end of season for them)....

On our last trip (Oct 2010) it was drizzling on arrival day but still warm....we spent the day in the shops at King's Wharf...but the following 2 days were gorgeous!

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

I have gone out of Baltimore and Norfolk both times in Oct. I would recommend the following:

1. If your prone to sea sickness get the braceltes or patches. The water can be a little choppier during this time of the year heading that way.

2. Pack a couple of extra sweaters. Both times we have gone, the weather has been great. THe first day going out of Norfolk was cooler but the next sea day I was in the pool on the ship.

The time before going out of Baltimore, we had cooler weather, it was warm enough to sit outside but no swimming brrrrr.

I have warned my entire group to bring something just in case for sea sickness. I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't get sick, but you never know it's better to be prepared than one of the ones who aren't. Have fun, see you on board the 16th out of Norfolk.

HI,

I have warned my entire group to bring something just in case for sea sickness. I am one of the lucky ones who doesn't get sick, but you never know it's better to be prepared than one of the ones who aren't. Have fun, see you on board the 16th out of Norfolk.

Thanks for posting the advice, Melissa!

I am on this sailing too. Please drop by our roll call, tell us about your group, and share any other tips you have for us - I don't think anyone posting on our roll call has been to Bermuda before, so we need all the help we can get. ;)

I see the average temps in Bermuda in Oct. are in the mid 70's but what about the sea days in getting to and from Norfolk this time of year. Can anyone tell me what to expect ?

I have only packed for cruises from FL to the Caribbean so I have no clue if I need to plan my wardrobe differently for cruising this far north.

Thanks for any tips.

Hi: Check weather.com before you leave to see the ten day forcast for Bermuda and Norfolk. Your embarkation clothing should suffice for your crossing to Bermuda and return. If you have a few sea days bring a spare set of warmer clothes. Shorts and light clothes will be inorder for Bermuda along with a bathing suite is you can stand water at 77 degrees. Don't forget a raincoat or umbrella.

Enjoy your cruise

Dave

Archived