Exactly what time is used?

Ireallyneedavacation

I am taking a cruise on Royal Caribbean next May out of Rome, with one stop being Athens. I am trying to plan my private excursions but just realized that the time zones are different for Rome and Athens. Has anyone done this cruise that could let me know if the ship stays on "Rome" time or if they change to "Athens" time for the time we are in port? I emailed RC, and they told me that they would let me know the night before in the Cruise Compass.

Thanks!

They will use the local time, i.e. the time that it is where you are. The time shown on the itinerary for arrival and departure times in port is based on the time that it is in that port...so if it says 7 a.m. arrival in Athens, it will be 7 a.m. in Athens.

In the Compass, it will tell you the night before you are entering a new time zone, to set your watch ahead or back for the following day.

They will use the local time, i.e. the time that it is where you are. The time shown on the itinerary for arrival and departure times in port is based on the time that it is in that port...so if it says 7 a.m. arrival in Athens, it will be 7 a.m. in Athens.

In the Compass, it will tell you the night before you are entering a new time zone, to set your watch ahead or back for the following day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! That makes me feel better!

Archived