Any recent photos of the food

Dena

Some recent photos of food on Princess are available in a Hawaii cruise review on the Princess boards. Are there any recent Celebrity food photos.

About a year ago, I found some Celbrity food photos and most things looked good. But this can change quickly. For example, the recent Princess photos look a bit worse than those from a year ago and worse than what I remember from our February cruise.

Some recent photos of food on Princess are available in a Hawaii cruise review on the Princess boards. Are there any recent Celebrity food photos. About a year ago, I found some Celbrity food photos and most things looked good. But this can change quickly. For example, the recent Princess photos look a bit worse than those from a year ago and worse than what I remember from our February cruise.

Here's a sample of food pictures from our mid June cruise in the Med on the Solstice. You can see many more food pictures from my live/blog posting as noted below. Ready for dinner?

Have many, many more that I can post that were not included on the live/blog. Any areas of special interest?

For added Speciality Dining Photos/Tips:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1434523&page=2

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now over 40,384 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Doing dining “family-style” is especially fun in an Asian-style setting such as Silk Harvest.* That sharing of the experience adds to the fun and interest.* This first course is called “small plates” and we started with a nice mix, including interesting sauces that added much to the enjoyment.*

SolsticeSilkHarvestAppitzer.jpg

Personally, sushi has not been my big favorite, but they put together a nice variety of options and the waiter did an added sauce option that was great to test and vary the flavors.* Testing new things is a good value/purpose for such cruises.* Fun, also!!:

SolsticeSilkHarvestSushi-1.jpg

For dolce or dessert, here is what the dark chocolate fondue appeared as you needed to tackle this “finish” at Tuscan Grille.:

SolsticeTuscanGrDessertOne-1.jpg

In front of where the desserts were offered at the brunch buffet in the MDR, there were three ice carvings.:

SolsticeThreeIceCarvingDesserts.jpg

For the handy and quick Oceanview Buffet, here are two visuals samples, including getting items from the pizza-pasta bar area.:

SolsticeOceanviewBuffet1.jpg

SolsticeOceanviewPizza.jpg

You asked, you get. Here's some more of those low-cal pictures. No calories in looking at the pictures. YES! Real stuff has a few calories.

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now over 40,384 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

The “Creamy Maine Lobster Bisque” is one of their most popular starter items at Murano. It is far different from what is served on the rest of the Solstice. It involves seven hours prep time for the different items. The broth is poured into your bowl with nice drama . . . and great taste. There are ten different starter options. You can have as many courses of starters as you wish. I had a second starter of Diver Scallop Wellington-Style. The warm goat cheese souffle is also a popular item here. :

MuranoLobsterBisque.jpg

My wife had this “Potato-Laced French Turbot” at Murano that looked great on its presentation plate. Tasted good, too!:

MuranoTurbotMainDish.jpg

My dessert choice was “Les VI Etoiles du Murano”. It is six different bite-sized desserts. My wife and I were going to share this one, but she switched for the souffle. I got this whole selection, but, don’t worry, I didn’t and couldn’t eat it all. Very delightful!:

Murano2DessertTimesSix.jpg

During the brunch buffet, there was so many dessert options that I had to take five of them to avoid showing any favoritism. Got to be fair!!:

SolsticeBuffetDesserts5x.jpg

During the galley tour, here is what can be done with the very good bread sticks. The bread options were good on this Solstice sailing.:

SolsticeBuffetTourBreadSticks.jpg

This was the Tuscan Grille “Signature Creme Brulee” that I enjoyed.:

SolsticeTuscan2Dessert-1.jpg

I read your blog. It was wonderful. I am interested in more pictures from the MDR for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Really any food pictures. We are in the process of deciding if we should switch from Princess to Celebrity and understand that cruisers on both lines say the food is slipping. Princess recently made a policy change that will make it more difficult for DH, who has celiac disease, to have safe and enjoyable lunches when in port.

We are especially interested in Bistro on 5 because I hear they can make gluten free crepes, I am not sure if they have a dedicated pan, so I don't know how well this will work in practice, but I hope it does!

I read your blog. It was wonderful. I am interested in more pictures from the MDR for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Really any food pictures. We are in the process of deciding if we should switch from Princess to Celebrity and understand that cruisers on both lines say the food is slipping. Princess recently made a policy change that will make it more difficult for DH, who has celiac disease, to have safe and enjoyable lunches when in port. We are especially interested in Bistro on 5 because I hear they can make gluten free crepes, I am not sure if they have a dedicated pan, so I don't know how well this will work in practice, but I hope it does!

Appreciate your kind comments on my cruise blog. On the MDR, we didn't use it much for breakfast or lunch. For breakfast, it was mostly room service in our stateroom while getting ready for a busy port day or at the Oceanview area to enjoy it while outside on the back deck to have those great outdoor views. At lunch, we were mostly doing either port days or eating outside after getting items from the Oceanview Buffet.

For special needs, the Celebrity website notes: "Celebrity Cruises is happy to accommodate many different kinds of dietary needs in our Main Dining Room to enhance your cruise vacation. Once you have booked your cruise, send your special dietary request to SpecialNeeds@celebrity.com or call 1-800-722-5472, ext. 34492."

See more details at:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_dining&tab=onboard_special_dietary_needs_tab%2Fonboard%2FtextPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_special_dietary_needs

Below are three of my pictures for the evening entree items in the Main Dining Room. Hopefully that gives you a sampling on what we did and enjoyed. Good luck on getting your arrangements made.

THANKS! Enjoy your cruise! Terry in Ohio

From the Main Dining Room on the Solstice in June, here are three of the dishes that I enjoyed on this cruise. As I recall, the first shown is a veal beef shank. Then a beef strip steak with a special topping. Third is beef Wellington. Hopefully my memory is working correctly. Do these visuals match what others would remember or re-call?.:

SolsticeVealShankMDR.jpg

SolsticeBeefStripSteak.jpg

SolsticeBeefChatTwoMDR.jpg

Pictures like those should be forbidden! :p They just look too good!

No trick photography! All true and honest pictures. Then, I ate the food in order to destroy the "evidence"!!!! Actually didn't gain much weight after our cruise. Having lots of great port stops, doing lots of walk, being busy on the ship, etc., helps "work off" those tasty and enjoyable dining delights. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Recently back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now over 40,624 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Archived