Tortola- swimming with dolphins

dons_shopper

Don't know about swimming with dolphins in Tortola but you can trust ALL the cab drivers in the Caribbean. Most are licensed and don't want to lose their license and they would if they did anything they shouldn't. Cruise ship passengers make them a lot of $$$.

I suggest ytou look up swimming with dolphins in Tortola on google. If you don't do this here, I suggest you go to The Baths in Virgin Gorda. You won't believe the HUGE bolders on the beach & inb the water here!

I would like to swim with dolphins. Who can tell me about any experiences at Tortola? How much costs a cab from the pier? Can we trust the driver?

Which program is the best? ....

My husband and I did the dolphin shore ex through Princess on our Feb 2009 cruise. I've swam one other time with dolphins and it was in Puerto Vallarta.

This excursion was pretty good. It's in a lagoon type environment. We enjoyed ourselves. Since we did the shore ex through the line our transportation was provided, but it's a very short cab ride from the cruise terminal to the dolphin encounter. It took longer to load and unload everyone from the open air taxi bus-thing then it did to drive there.

Swimming with dolphins on Tortola by advance independent booking is cheaper & better (smaller groups) than with ship's excursions. Don't know the cab fare, but its a short hop & shouldn't cost more than $10 e/w.

Be aware that you pay up-front when you book, but will get a 95% refund if you cannot participate because the ship's call is cancelled, which happens from time to time.

If that happens & you've booked via the ship you will of course get a 100% refund from the ship - but the savings by booking independently are worth that small risk

JB :)

Archived