Carnival dollars questions...

InEEDofAcruise

We were going to solicit Carnival Dollars if anyone asked about Xmas gift ideas, but after reading the fine print, I am dubious. Apparently you cannot use these 1 to 1 dollars for tips nor "games of chance"!

Can these carnival dollars be used for ordering a litre of booze from Bon Voyage prior to sailing?

If you do not use all these credits by the end of the cruise, do you get them back in form of more carnival dollars for a future cruise, a cheque or is it a "use it or lose it" kinda deal?

And, if someone purchases these carnival dollars on behalf of someone else, do they need the receipients sailing date and cabin number? Or are these sent to the purchaser and can be used for any carnival cruise?

Thanks for your help!:D

any OBC can be used for any spending on your S&S.

I think they put that about all OBC for legal reasons, thats all I can figure out .. since its not true.

since its cash, I am 99.9% sure it would be refundable, but they would just give you a check if you did not spend it all, not put it toward a different cruise.

anything you buy ahead of time you have to pay for when you order it, booze, excursions etc.

if I have a lot of OBC, I would wait until Im on the ship. I hear you can usually order the same booze by the bottle from room service. Id also wait to book excursions until I was on the ship for the same reason.

Thanks Firefly... I suppose there is worse things in the world as having too much CREDIT on the account!:eek:

I didnt realize that I could order a litre of booze from room service. Do you know if the price is the same as BV? I would be pleasently shocked if I could order a bottle of booze for $38 from room service once on the ship! Can anyone confirm this.

any OBC can be used for any spending on your S&S.

I think they put that about all OBC for legal reasons, thats all I can figure out .. since its not true.

since its cash, I am 99.9% sure it would be refundable, but they would just give you a check if you did not spend it all, not put it toward a different cruise.

anything you buy ahead of time you have to pay for when you order it, booze, excursions etc.

if I have a lot of OBC, I would wait until Im on the ship. I hear you can usually order the same booze by the bottle from room service. Id also wait to book excursions until I was on the ship for the same reason.

Thanks Firefly... I suppose there is worse things in the world as having too much CREDIT on the account!:eek:

I didnt realize that I could order a litre of booze from room service. Do you know if the price is the same as BV? I would be pleasently shocked if I could order a bottle of booze for $38 from room service once on the ship! Can anyone confirm this.

Not all ships for room service. It is best to go to Guest Service Desk first. Then if Guest Services tells you to call Room Service you are good.

The bottle ordered on the ship is the same prices as BV.

Now on to Funship dollars. We had them on our S&S along with non-refundable OBC. At the end of our cruise we received a check for the remaining balance.

It is safe to say that whatever is left will be given back dollar for dollar as you put it.

Archived