Final call!!!!

flgatormom29

I actually got my final call on friday, but then went away for the weekend and when i got back i had some funk that knocked me down for 2 days (just so thankful that I got sick NOW and not on the cruise!)

So, my wedding will be at 2pm (which i already knew cuz i requested it and i'm the only wedding on the cruise). Anyways, the only information i was waiting to hear was WHERE my wedding was going to be. It's in the dynasty lounge. I was hoping for the swingtime lounge. She called me back today (she was waiting to see if i was going to upgrade my package). I asked her today if the only option i had was the dynasty lounge, she said we could do the swingtime lounge but it is one of the only rooms left that is "smoke friendly" and that even though they do sanitize it, it could still have the "lingering smell of smoke". She gave me the night to think about it and I have to let her know tomorrow which room i decide on.

I need help.

Here are my pros and cons.

Dynasty lounge-- PROS

None smoking- none of my guests smoke-so i don't want the smoke smell.

More space

It's a conference room, so chairs are easily moved for set up.

Dynasty Lounge --CONS

It is RED RED RED. Red curtains, red chairs, red ceiling, red EVERYTHING.

It's darker so doesn't have that warm feeling....

Swingtime lounge--PROS

It's not red! Haha

It has a white curtain.

Windows so much brighter.

Swingtime Lounge--CONS

Smoke friendly room.

Most of the chairs are bolted down.

They do bring chairs in to set up, but it's a very limited space (no big deal-with us and bridal party standing will only be 9 people sitting).

The swingtime lounge does have a lil stage, but from the pictures i was sent, they don't set the ceremony up on the stage. I was thinking about asking if they can set it up on the stage. But if not, the way they do it is fine too. It will be so much brighter with the windows!

Here are the pictures they sent me....

This is the Dynasty lounge--see how red???

dynastylounge2.jpg

here is with the ceremony set up--I can TOTALLY see that red curtain washing out all the pictures!!!

dynastylounge.jpg

Now the Swingtime Lounge....The red chairs are the ones that move. The blue ones in the back are bolted. You can see the stage, and i am curious if i can have the ceremony on there.

swingtimelounge2.jpg

This is how they have the ceremony set up--i worry about the pictures because with the windows being right there, that could wash them out. If it's on the stage the windows wont wash it out as much. ALso, you can see the blue chairs that are bolted down.

swingtimelounge.jpg

And just for fun...

Here is where the reception is. It's 70s theme...but we will make it FUN

4b_70s_bar-462x356.jpg

And just cuz i JUST got my dress on friday. Here is the final outcome of my dress. With my necklace and earring-just missing my bracelet cuz it hasn't come yet. Sorry about the lighting. It's on my phone and we were with the windows behind us. And i look goofy cuz i was taking this picture for my friend, so was acting silly.

IMAG0406.jpg

So what's ur opinions on the lounge? I'm leaning more towards swingtime, i think it will be fine, esp for only half an hour! It just looks more warm and welcoming, not as dark....But i want opinions....

Thanks

If there was a hell themed wedding it would take place in the Dynasty Lounge LOL! I like the swingtime, but your right if they set things up with the window behind it, your pictures will not turn out (well they will be sillouettes) SOOOOOOOO Make sure they don't. Good Luck and I hope all your wedding dreams come true.

I talked with my coordinator this morning. I have to say she has been WONDERFUL. Everyone at Carnival Weddings has! They have been so accomidating and sweet. Some weeks i would call a few times with questions and they were always so helpful!

I talked to Dinah for about 15 mins. She explained to me the layout of the room and told me that I could have the curtains on the windows open, closed or half closed. She also said that when i meet with the onboard coordinator on sunday night we could go to the lounge together and talk set-up then. That's what i'm most happy about. That I can look at it and visualize it so when i walk in monday i wont be disappointed or surprised!

They have been amazing!!!!!

Needless to say, we are going with the Swingtime lounge. If I had more guests, I would go with Dynasty, but being such a small wedding I like the open atmosphere of the swingtime better.

Archived