Premuim balcony sizes for cabin 8422 and 8427 on the Victory??

scrapbags

:DCan anyone tell me how big the premuim balconies cabins 8422 and 8427 are?we were told they are75 sq ft,the same as the aftwrap around balconies but when I looked athe the brochure, they looked smaller than the aft wrap around balconies. If anyone has pics af ANY of the aft wrap arounds AND of the cabins noted above, that would be great. ANY ONFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!

The room & balcony are way bigger than I was told by Carnival, their website, my PVP, and people on here who paste the info from various websites. I don't have measurements or pics with me, but I can tell you what I have previously posted here on CC about this:

We stayed in 8422 on the Triumph (Vistory's sister) with 3 people. I will say, that despite the specifications that both Carnical reps & their website provided us, that room & balcony are HUGE! The trundle bed was more like a rollaway, and although I didn't sleep in it, was told it was perectly fine.

Besides being told this was a regular size balcony cabin with a bigger balcony only, I was also told there would only be 2 chairs & 1 table on the balcony, just like a regular balcony cabin. This balcony is double a regular balcony, and had FOUR chairs (two reclining) and TWO tables. Room much bigger as well. You can see how much bigger it is on the deck plans, but yet no one at Carnival could comprehend that.

We loved this room!

I even emailed Carnival with this info after our cruise, and they thanked me & told me they would have it corrected. Yeah right.

The room & balcony are way bigger than I was told by Carnival, their website, my PVP, and people on here who paste the info from various websites. I don't have measurements or pics with me, but I can tell you what I have previously posted here on CC about this:

We stayed in 8422 on the Triumph (Vistory's sister) with 3 people. I will say, that despite the specifications that both Carnical reps & their website provided us, that room & balcony are HUGE! The trundle bed was more like a rollaway, and although I didn't sleep in it, was told it was perectly fine.

Besides being told this was a regular size balcony cabin with a bigger balcony only, I was also told there would only be 2 chairs & 1 table on the balcony, just like a regular balcony cabin. This balcony is double a regular balcony, and had FOUR chairs (two reclining) and TWO tables. Room much bigger as well. You can see how much bigger it is on the deck plans, but yet no one at Carnival could comprehend that.

We loved this room!

I even emailed Carnival with this info after our cruise, and they thanked me & told me they would have it corrected. Yeah right.

A standard balcony is 35 s.f. So the 75 s.f. that is listed on various websites (and what I posted) immediately lets one know the balcony is obviously more than doubled in size. How on earth are the Carnival reps unaware of this? :confused:

It's pretty sad when we, the consumer, can get better info on our own vs. a rep for the company.

Edited by BeccaBecca1713

A standard balcony is 35 s.f. So the 75 s.f. that is listed on various websites (and what I posted) immediately lets one know the balcony is obviously more than doubled in size. How on earth are the Carnival reps unaware of this? :confused:

It's pretty sad when we, the consumer, can get better info on our own vs. a rep for the company.

Sorry BeccaBecca, you were RIGHT! Perhaps they have since corrected this, and hopefully their reps are better informed now. All I know is that no one we talked to could speak to the larger room or balcony when we booked that cruise. I talked to a couple different reps when my PVP could not help :rolleyes:, and asked them to look at their own deck plans, it was clear as could be to me. But it seems they could/would not deviate from their scripted info. This cruise (and my email to them) was back in March.

:DCan anyone tell me how big the premuim balconies cabins 8422 and 8427 are?we were told they are75 sq ft,the same as the aftwrap around balconies but when I looked athe the brochure, they looked smaller than the aft wrap around balconies. If anyone has pics af ANY of the aft wrap arounds AND of the cabins noted above, that would be great. ANY ONFO WOULD BE APPRECIATED!! Thanks!

no way are they the same size as the wrap around balcony.

For one-- the wrap around balcony can hold a few lounge chairs- I'd be surprised if you could get 1 lounge chair on these two balconies.

this was mine on the Liberty- cant imagine it to be that much of a difference on the Victory

2498147650062547426hYwqZI_th.jpg

here is the Victoyr

2343073460103832821lsbajS_th.jpg

2388489980103832821zTWClr_th.jpg

Edited by serene56

no way are they the same size as the wrap around balcony.

For one-- the wrap around balcony can hold a few lounge chairs- I'd be surprised if you could get 1 lounge chair on these two balconies.

Read my post above. Soooo much room, we had four chairs & 2 tables, two were recliners!

• 3 years later...
How is the noise level from the Lido above?

8422 is under a bar area--- the other side is a better choice

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x233/SDZD/Carnival%20Triumph%202010/STA71048.jpg

yes i can see 4 chairs (the back reclines) these are NOT lounge chairs you can lay on.

PS-- original postings are from 2011

Edited by serene56