Anyone ever mail things to your precruise hotel?

tassycatt

We are just planning on taking carry on luggage but my fair skin needs tons of spray on sunblock and I want a bottle of shampoo and conditioner. We are staying at La Quinta Miami precruise which I hear is a decent hotel but in the middle of nowhere.

Instead of getting a taxi and getting what I need, since I cant take those things on the plane, I was planning on a week before mailing them to the hotel in c/o me. Anyone else ever do this?

We are just planning on taking carry on luggage but my fair skin needs tons of spray on sunblock and I want a bottle of shampoo and conditioner. We are staying at La Quinta Miami precruise which I hear is a decent hotel but in the middle of nowhere.

Instead of getting a taxi and getting what I need, since I cant take those things on the plane, I was planning on a week before mailing them to the hotel in c/o me. Anyone else ever do this?

I have never done it, but its a pretty common practice at disney properties. Lots of discussion about it on the disboards.

Just let the hotel know, they usually ask you to address it a certain way so they know you are an arriving guest.

I have had packages mailed (ordered clothes too close to sail date and had them mailed to hotel) to the hotel and they were waiting for me. Just call the hotel and let them know that you will be a guest at their property x date - x date and that you will be mailing a package. Usually you just mail it to the hotel and but attn: your name - hotel guest.

Good luck...

i have ordered a champagne hamper from gift tree. Com and had it delivered to the mercury hotel south beach. It was there waiting when i arrived, i saw a box on the counter and asked if it was for me, the guy looked confused , but he checked and my name was on it. I dont know what would have happened if the package arrived a day befor i did tho but i specified the date for delivery and it must have been delivered just as i arrived. Perfect timeing. !

When I took our pre-flight checked luggage to the local UPS store to be weighed they asked if I wanted to have it shipped to the ship. I said I was staying at a hotel they said no matter where my travels take me it can be shipped there no problem.

Carnival will not accept luggage shipped to the embarkation port. The only cruises I've heard of this being done on are the various world cruises and then you ship all of your luggage several days in advance.

I suppose this is fine in the continental US. Do NOT ship to San Juan! I ordered some video games for my DS from Amazon to be delivered prior to our arrival at the post-cruise hotel in Puerto Rico...

The box arrived TWO days after we have left the island....

I received a full refund and just re-ordered the items, but the surprise was spoiled...

I did this one time and never got the package. Not sure what happened. Now I buy everything and find room for it in our bags. I would pack it in your luggage and bring it with you. They do have shampoo and soap in the shower and they sell sunscreen on the ship and in all of the ports...

Also, there is usually some sort of store at the airport that sells these types of things...

Archived