How noisy will cabin 0305 on the sky be?

cacj

Does this help?

Deck 10

The Norwegian Sky's Deck 10 is located beneath the Pool Deck on the Norwegian Sky, which could be a great place for a stateroom for those who plan on sunbathing and enjoying casual dining. However, there could be some noise issues for some staterooms on this deck, so it's worth your while to carefully look over cabins on this deck.

Some of the best cabins on the Norway Deck of the Norwegian Sky are located most forward.

Exterior staterooms 0002- 0011 port side, 0202- 0212 starboard, and inside cabins 0101- 0109 and 0301- 0308. These are probably the most quiet of the cabins on the Sky's Norway Deck.

Midship on Deck 10 of the Norwegian Sky, exterior staterooms 0019- 0031 port side, 0219- 0231 starboard, and inside cabins 0112, 0311, 0113- 0117 are all under the pool area. There could be noises at night, such as the scraping of deck chairs as staff clean after hours.

Least preferred exterior cabins are 0049- 0060 port side because these are all under a popular bar and teen disco, and there could be noise issues very late at night.

Inside cabins 0105, 0304, 0107, 0306, 0140, and 0340 are next to elevators or stairwells and could have noise issues.

Aft on Deck 10, staterooms and suites 0053- 0067 port side and 0253- 0266 starboard are under public venues which include the very popular casual restaurants on the Norwegian Sky. This will affect aft inside cabins in this section the most, so we do suggest looking for an interior stateroom elsewhere.

Aft, Penthouse Suites 0064 and 0264 have that majestic (less breezy) ocean view.

On Deck 10 of the Sky, balcony staterooms 0065- 0067, 0265, and 0266 are between the Penthouse Suites and also have that beautiful (less breezy) view of the ocean.

Elevators are rarely an issue, whats above and below you is what usually causes the most problems.

I was thinking that might be more of the case.

Does this help?

Deck 10

The Norwegian Sky's Deck 10 is located beneath the Pool Deck on the Norwegian Sky, which could be a great place for a stateroom for those who plan on sunbathing and enjoying casual dining. However, there could be some noise issues for some staterooms on this deck, so it's worth your while to carefully look over cabins on this deck.

Some of the best cabins on the Norway Deck of the Norwegian Sky are located most forward.

Exterior staterooms 0002- 0011 port side, 0202- 0212 starboard, and inside cabins 0101- 0109 and 0301- 0308. These are probably the most quiet of the cabins on the Sky's Norway Deck.

Midship on Deck 10 of the Norwegian Sky, exterior staterooms 0019- 0031 port side, 0219- 0231 starboard, and inside cabins 0112, 0311, 0113- 0117 are all under the pool area. There could be noises at night, such as the scraping of deck chairs as staff clean after hours.

Least preferred exterior cabins are 0049- 0060 port side because these are all under a popular bar and teen disco, and there could be noise issues very late at night.

Inside cabins 0105, 0304, 0107, 0306, 0140, and 0340 are next to elevators or stairwells and could have noise issues.

Aft on Deck 10, staterooms and suites 0053- 0067 port side and 0253- 0266 starboard are under public venues which include the very popular casual restaurants on the Norwegian Sky. This will affect aft inside cabins in this section the most, so we do suggest looking for an interior stateroom elsewhere.

Aft, Penthouse Suites 0064 and 0264 have that majestic (less breezy) ocean view.

On Deck 10 of the Sky, balcony staterooms 0065- 0067, 0265, and 0266 are between the Penthouse Suites and also have that beautiful (less breezy) view of the ocean.

Yes, this most definitely helps. So what I see is that the cabin is below the spa...and if sleeping is meant to happen for us between 11 and 7, my guess is that it might be quiet???

Now the next question would be is this: this far forward is it likely that if we hit rough water that the rock and roll might make us sea sick?

We were in #0261 on the Sky last August. Unfortunately, we were directly under the Great Outdoors Cafe. We were kept awake all night, every night by the sounds of something being dragged across the floor, which was our ceiling (chairs? trash cans?). Even with complaints, nothing was ever resolved so we didn't get much sleep the entire cruise.

We were just in 0202 last week. Noise wasn't an issue at all - and I really didn't see/hear much noise around the stairs/elevators either. I didn't notice any more movement in these cabins - although seas were pretty calm for us. I thought it was a great location and would book again there!

I was thinking that might be more of the case.

Yes, this most definitely helps. So what I see is that the cabin is below the spa...and if sleeping is meant to happen for us between 11 and 7, my guess is that it might be quiet???

Now the next question would be is this: this far forward is it likely that if we hit rough water that the rock and roll might make us sea sick?

Is this your first cruise? If you are worried at all about sea sickness, take Dramamine or the like, prior to boarding. Keep taking it for the entire cruise. Hopefully this will mean you will not get sea sick. I did this my first cruise and was fine. I later learned however that I don't really get sea sick so I am not sure how much the above will apply. My advice is to take all necessary precautions to ensure a good vacation.

I had a forward location, inside cabin on my 3rd cruise. I definitely felt every pitch and every roll. When the ship dipped, and I was in bed, I felt like I was on an inversion table. I was on a very small boat so I am sure this has something to do with it.

We just got off the Gem and were in a forward facing cabin. We felt the movement but it didn't really bother me at all. It actually rocked me to sleep. :D

I think bed placement might have had something to do with it. Not sure if my post helped. Just prepare for sea sickness just in case and have a great time!

Archived