Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium...

langleyfld

Has anyone recently gone to the Swap Meet in Honolulu? Is it worth it?

Is it easy to locate? We'd like to go before returning our car at the airport and before boarding the ship. How long is the drive from Waikiki area?

How far from the Swap Meet to the airport?

Thanks in advance for any advice or information :)!!

It is doable, it's about a half hour drive to the stadium, just watch for the stadium exits. You can get there a little after 8. It is open Wed., Sat and Sun. Might want to check that there is no college football game on the day you want to go, it will not open that day. the Sat and Sun meet is larger than on Wed. On Sat and Sun the stalls circle the stadium about 3-4 times, on Wed about 2 times. Lots of fun stuff, local snacks, tees, small warrior helmets for your dash, beach towels, and about 10,000 other items. Have a great time there. Robert

Hey thanks! I think I will put that on our itinerary (in ink)!

Is the traffic as bad as I've read? How about on Saturdays (no work)?

Well, let a regular Swap Meet going like me tell you. The swap meet at Aloha Stadium does NOT circle the stadium more than once although it may seem like it. It only covers the outer circle with stalls here and there in the inside.

Saturday and Sunday are the best for tourists. Sundays only you will catch the local garage sale items from sections 14-8 in the inner rows (A,B,C). Dont get them confused with the regular, commercial, items for tourists row which is the D row that circles the stadium.

If you can go early in the morning that would be best for you. 8am is fine, earlier is ok too. Traffic will peak on the weekends around the stadium closer to lunch.

Hope this helps.

Archived