Single Supplement

RichNY

Guest Totals:$540.83 Cruise Fare$389.00 Gov't Taxes & Fees$151.83

Important Note: Please make sure you bring the required travel documentation to the pier. All guests, especially non US or Canadian citizens will be required to show proper documentation prior to boarding the ship. Click here for a full list of documentation requirements based on ships and destination.

Price SummaryTotal Price: $540.83 USD540.83

The Dawn 10-14-10 ..to Bermuda OK

Many of the Bermuda sailings for September and October have had a low single supplement. I travelled solo on the Dawn on 9/9.

The January Jewel sailings also have a low supplement for inside and oceanview cabins. I booked for the 1/28 sailing.

I appears that NCL is not charging the single supplement...

What's up with that....nice savings...

I wish that was true. I paid 200% on my Gem cruise 9/4/2010 in a BB balcony, and just booked it again for 10/29/2012, and the charge is still 200%.

Ya ... My MIL is traveling with us, and her single occ cabin charge was only about 30 to 40% more than our pp fare. We were pleasantly surprised. We are on the 30 Oct Gem to Bermuda.

I'm on the same sailing, and when I booked less than a month ago (60 days before sailing), the price had fallen over the preceding weeks but the supplement was still 100%. A couple of weeks later I accidentally discovered the Gem/Dawn supplements to Bermuda had dropped to anywhere from 0% (Sept 11/18, but that was really last minute) to about 60%. I called my TA and got upgraded from an inside to an OV (though not as good an OV as I'd be eligible for today).

Unfortunately I'm now at the opposite end, side, and floor from my group, but I would have felt ripped off staying in the inside for the same price. :D In fact I may try for a balcony if the PP price and supplement drop to that point (don't know if they'll object to a 2nd upgrade, though).

One of our group rushed to book, as a single, to take advantage of the OBC promotion. After booking he was told that since he did not pay 200%, only 160% NCL's price, he was not eligible for the OBC..A few days NCL removed the single supplement, about $500. Since he was beyond the final payment date nothing could be done for him.

So he did the next logical thing, he bought an upgraded cabin for a minimal additional cost..

Archived