Renting a car In St John NB and Halifax?

taylort771

This is information from previous posts which I keep in my notes:

We decided to rent a car for the day. Enterprise will pick us up at pier & drop us off and the cost is under $60 for the day.

There is an Alamo location in the Westin Hotel on Hollis St. The back of the Hotel is across the street from the port and is less than a 5 minute walk. There is a Budget location on Hollis St which would be about a 10 minute walk. Enterprise is much farther away in Scotia Square (a small mall in an office tower) and would be about 20-25 minutes walk, however they may pick you up. Hertz is in the Marriott Hotel on Hollis St about 20 minutes away.

Also check out this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1123125

You can google the rental companies and get the contact information or go to Canada 411: http://www.canada411.ca/

We want to rent cars to save money in St john Nb and Halifax. Are there rental companies near the ports? Thanks

In St John NB, Avis is 3 blocks from Marco Polo cruise terminal at 4 Water St, 506-634-7750.

In Halifax NS, National and Alamo share an office in the VIA rail station across the street and through a parking lot from the cruise terminal, at 1161 Hollis St. Both can be reached at 902-423-0227. Alamo is more expensive than National for my dates.

Archived