Smuggler's Cove updated info

walfish

Hi all... hopefully someone can give some updated information as I have searched the forum and all info seems to be quite dated :confused:. Wondering if anyone from cruise ship has been lately and if so would love some details and thoughts. Specifically would like to know cost R/T, length of time to get there, and if there is availability of food/drinks/chairs etc...Thanks

Hi all... hopefully someone can give some updated information as I have searched the forum and all info seems to be quite dated :confused:. Wondering if anyone from cruise ship has been lately and if so would love some details and thoughts. Specifically would like to know cost R/T, length of time to get there, and if there is availability of food/drinks/chairs etc...Thanks

Smugglers cove is a beautiful beach! I don't know the cost of a R/T as I visit while I am staying on Tortola. I would guess it is about a 25 minute drive from Road Town. Smugglers cove is very informal. There are locals there who will rent you a chair and mix you up a cocktail. I don't recall eating there in the past. Like I said, it is very laid back, unlike Cane Garden Bay when the cruise ships come in. Just depends on what you prefer. If I only had one day on Tortola, you would find me at Smuggler's Cove!

• 1 month later...

After researching on TripAdvisor we are looking to get to Smugglers Cove when we are in port off the NCL Dawn on Saturday January 7th. Wondering if we should arrange for someone to meet us at the docks or just grab an available taxi? I like the idea of having a plan. Thoughts? Suggestions?

There is a ton of recent information on Smuggler's Cove in this forum, you're just not using the search feature. I provided the taxi fares and information about the area as well as other ideas. Look at these threads -

Nice beach not too far from port

Have a good line on a good guide for Tortola...

There are others, let me know if you don't find the info you need

msdragon just grab a taxi when you dock. I would have the same driver return to pick you up. Patricia can also call you a taxi if necessary.

Archived