Help! I may have made a mistake

gkeyes1008

I booked the Carnival Dream this week for the 10/8 sailing. I booked aft room 6496. I specifically asked the girl (i think maybe my first mistake) if the dining rooms would be anywhere near us which a friend had this problem and kept them awake all night. She assured me we would have no issues. Well mistake two I did not check the deck plans until today (i know better) and the lounge is right below us and the dining room is right below that. Has anyone stayed in this room before? I may need to call Carnival and take a midship balcony.

Please someone come to my rescue and tell me it will be ok.

Ok the bag busted from breathing so hard but I thank you so very much for your quick response. The girl going with me is a very light sleeper and has never cruised before and I would hate for it to be a first bad experience. I will just raise cane if it is bad or go down to the lounge have a few and then I will not care how loud it is. lol

Thanks again

I booked the Carnival Dream this week for the 10/8 sailing. I booked aft room 6496. I specifically asked the girl (i think maybe my first mistake) if the dining rooms would be anywhere near us which a friend had this problem and kept them awake all night. She assured me we would have no issues. Well mistake two I did not check the deck plans until today (i know better) and the lounge is right below us and the dining room is right below that. Has anyone stayed in this room before? I may need to call Carnival and take a midship balcony.

Please someone come to my rescue and tell me it will be ok.

I think you will be fine, we stayed in 6490 just around the corner and likewise had no trouble with noise from below. Portside is better as opposite you are over the piano bar and that could be louder later...I am usually in it so that's no worry for me either:D hth!

I always go into a cruise knowing that the possibility of some noise is possible.. have your friend bring ear plugs if she is that much of a light sleeper. I had some noisy 20 year olds bunking across from a cabin earlier this year .. who came in at 3 am noisy enough to wake me up .. it happens. You just have to decide to ignore noises, its like living in a dorm.

Dont go expecting it to be silent. Your neighbor might slam a drawer in the middle of the night or a closet door.

Thanks everyone. I called Carnival and they assured me with everything being below me I should be ok. Typical noises will not be a bother and I am sure I am just worrying for nothing. Have never been kept awake from noises even when I had a cabin right next to the elevator.

Happy sailing everyone.

Archived