4 Ports, 2 Countries, 7 Days, 1 Wonderful Husband: Glory to Canada, 9-17 to 9-24

bnickle

one of the best reviews I've ever read!!!

We were reluctantly leaving the Jewel that morning looking at Glory as we left the pier area.

Glad you had such a great cruise!

We did have a wonderful time, hope you did too! Did you enjoy your cruise?

Dear bnickle and liverpool, just finished Chapter 1 and loving every word. ZB is at the zoo, shocking, I know, and I must run for awhile. Can't wait to get back to continue your wonderful telling of the adventure. I need to do a review also, but it won't be anything like your review. Thank you for sharing your experiences. You do indeed have a wonderful writing style.

Dear Bnickle, While sipping my favorite home coffee, I just finished your amazing travelog. I enjoyed it very much. I feel so blessed that ZB and I had the great pleasure of sharing parts of this great adventure with you and Liverpool. If you guys ever find your way to our city, please be sure to contact us. We have room, and you guys are always welcome. Before I close, let me say your writing style is so wonderful, containing the perfect balance of information, humor, pictures, attention to detail, and a real life perspective making it possible for any reader to relate to the experience being described. Please keep writing! Of course, I don't mean to put everything on this site, but keep writing. You are gifted, and you have a style that puts smiles on faces, whether they drink their coffee at home, or on some cruise ship heading for its next port. You and Liverpool are a beautiful couple, and you compliment each other perfectly. Each time we drink that specific wine we shared on the balcony, which will be often, we will remember the time we shared with you laughing about doughnut bongs, or the school of dolphins that entertained us in the water below.

What a review! One of the very best I've read on the boards.

The donuts, hysterically funny. Loved the pictures of the dolphins. This year I finally got to see one as we were coming into Port Canaveral. I saw a dorsel fin last year near Virginia, but it didn't surface for me to find out if it was a dolphin (too far away).

Your writing style is witty, hilarious and to the point. I especially loved the comments about the line cutter (saw that time and time again on our Carnival cruises) were spot on. There's a lot to be said about getting dining room breakfasts where this does not happen LOL

Again, what a treat to read your review. Everyone here where we live are bummed out with hurricane damages and never ending rain. It was nice to have some uplifting. Hope all your cruises are as enjoyable as the one you just took

Kathy

Yes, Liverpool is an aft man.

I really did just LOL at this one! Fortunately for me, my DH (easier to type, even, than "Liverpool") is a bow man. ;)

LOVE your writing! And, yay, your spelling is [mostly] impeccable. I know I'm not supposed to care about that, but I can't help it.

You've inspired me to check into taking the same cruise next year. Sounds great!

Dear Bnickle, While sipping my favorite home coffee, I just finished your amazing travelog. I enjoyed it very much. I feel so blessed that ZB and I had the great pleasure of sharing parts of this great adventure with you and Liverpool. If you guys ever find your way to our city, please be sure to contact us. We have room, and you guys are always welcome. Before I close, let me say your writing style is so wonderful, containing the perfect balance of information, humor, pictures, attention to detail, and a real life perspective making it possible for any reader to relate to the experience being described. Please keep writing! Of course, I don't mean to put everything on this site, but keep writing. You are gifted, and you have a style that puts smiles on faces, whether they drink their coffee at home, or on some cruise ship heading for its next port. You and Liverpool are a beautiful couple, and you compliment each other perfectly. Each time we drink that specific wine we shared on the balcony, which will be often, we will remember the time we shared with you laughing about doughnut bongs, or the school of dolphins that entertained us in the water below.

That was really a perfect afternoon! Good wine, good company, dolphins....it capped off a really unforgettable trip. I hope that you have a wonderful time spoiling your new grandbaby! We will certainly stop by on an upcoming adventure; it's wonderful to have friends! Please give Zoo Buddy our best!

What a review! One of the very best I've read on the boards.

The donuts, hysterically funny. Loved the pictures of the dolphins. This year I finally got to see one as we were coming into Port Canaveral. I saw a dorsel fin last year near Virginia, but it didn't surface for me to find out if it was a dolphin (too far away).

Your writing style is witty, hilarious and to the point. I especially loved the comments about the line cutter (saw that time and time again on our Carnival cruises) were spot on. There's a lot to be said about getting dining room breakfasts where this does not happen LOL

Again, what a treat to read your review. Everyone here where we live are bummed out with hurricane damages and never ending rain. It was nice to have some uplifting. Hope all your cruises are as enjoyable as the one you just took

Kathy

Thank you for the kind words! I really loved journaling this as we traveled along. I am so sorry that you all are having to bat clean up from some huge storms; we saw a lot of footage of the damage and havoc. If it all gets you down I have two words to make you smile: doughnut bongs. Try to say that without grinning.

I really did just LOL at this one! Fortunately for me, my DH (easier to type, even, than "Liverpool") is a bow man. ;)

LOVE your writing! And, yay, your spelling is [mostly] impeccable. I know I'm not supposed to care about that, but I can't help it.

You've inspired me to check into taking the same cruise next year. Sounds great!

Shelli, you are sweet! What I usually inspire in people is the thought, "does she ever shut up?" so it's nice to know that I used my powers for good. I caught a few spelling mistakes afterwards, the one that is killing me is "neckless". I corrected that twice, in a hurry, and must have corrected it wrong because spellcheck kept switching it back to "neckless", which would make it hard to wear an actual "necklace."

As for this trip this time of year, the one thing I would say is that you will see better fall color about the second week or so in October. We chose this date in the hopes that it would still be warmish enough to enjoy a balcony. We could tell, especially along the Portland coast, that the leaves were just on the cusp of beginning to turn.

Hi Bnickle. Just finished reading your review and thoroughly enjoyed every word and picture too. You are a very gifted writer. Utopian and I truly enjoyed spending time with you and Liverpool. You added so much to our cruise experience. Like Utopian said, if you find yourself in our neck of the woods, we would love to have you visit. Take care.

• 3 weeks later...

I have enjoyed your cruise review. I have to read through it again when I have more time.

You said that there was a fare discount for people from certain states. I also noticed that you are from Missouri. We have the NE/CA cruise booked for September of 2012. Do you know if Kansas is on the list of states that receive this discount?

Thanks,

Karla

I Have thoroughly enjoyed your trip review. You are hilarious. I think you should seriously consider writing a book. You have a way with words that is not only ingenious, but informative as well. Take another cruise soon so we can all be entertained.

• 5 years later...

Dear Bnickle,

I have no idea how I got to this thread, but when I read about Liverpool, I had to go to number 1 to find out who he was. Reading this made me think of that tall gal comedian who Is always talking about 'Left Brain".

I have done 50 cruises and could identify with all the comments made. I don't know your e-mail address, but I would like to send you all my cruise reports to have them re-written in such a nice flowing manner. I made a "D" in English composition and think the teacher just didn't have the heart to fail such a hard trying person. My writings are just a bunch of facts. I have been on the New England/Canada cruise on the Constellation. I must say that the food on Carnival is pretty good and I loved the Mongolian Wok, but had to stand in line a long time for it.

Breakfast on your private veranda is always better than the buffet, especially on port days.

I think at 79 with some heart trouble, I won't be taking any more cruises or long trips, but love to read about them and other peoples experiences when they take the time to relate them. When you are not cruising the next best thing is communicating with others that are getting ready to go or just got back.

Thanks you even if I am reading this 5 years later.

scapel"at"suddenlink.net