Too Many Choices

bliss_fully_happy

Pick one, priced from most expensive to least  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one, priced from most expensive to least

• NCL Epic, Family Courtyard
    • NCL Pearl, family courtyard ($1000 less than the above)
    • Celebrity Solstice, Celebrity Suite ($400 less than pearl)
    • Celebrity Eclipse, Sky Suite ($500 less than Celebrity Suite)
    • Celebrity Solstice, Famlily Veranda (no suite amenties) ($1000 less than Sky)

I would actually most likely choose the NCL Jewel but with a SC (?) 2 bedroom family suite without the courtyard access (or is it Haven nowadays)? The suite would be the same size with the courtyard one but much much cheaper.

The courtyard/haven is nice but not nice enough IMO for me to spend a lot of extra money for it. ;)

We just got back from the jewel in a 2 bedroom haven room with 30 month old and 8 month old.

It was nice knowing that if older got out of the room there are only 13 cabins on the floor and 3 locked doors to get to another deck. The haven has a dining area and high chairs. The butler will bring you the menu for the main dining room if you ask and you can either eat in the room or haven if you choose.

The haven is nice if it is cold because you can go "outside" with the roof closed.

Mom/dad can swim in the pool while baby naps/plays on the bed in the haven.

My choice would be the cheapest. I would rather go on 3 cruises than 1. We are cruising with a 1,3&5 year old in an inside cabin.

I with Ggdean here... I mean, sure, the Epic has tons of amenities and cool things, but your 3 year old might not be able to use them... things like the water slides and bowling alley... I know on Carnival, my 4 year old was too small to use the slide at the time.

The decision of which ship you choose when the kids are that little really depends on what the adults in the party want. Most children will love where they are regardless, unless they see something they like, and are restricted from using it (e.g. water slides). Heck, I've taken my kids on Disney, Carnival, RCI, and Princess and they've loved the vacations... I think on Princess, they were happy that the kids club was generous with prizes (medals and color your own pillowcase)... And my kids haven't been picky... We were skiing one weekend a few years back, and using the dinky little hotel pool... My son asked me how long we were staying on vacation... Only the weekend, son... we're skiing again tomorrow and going home.

I understand the the Solstice is amazing! Good food, excellent service.

A family room is big enough to bring buffet dinner down to... and if the baby is tired enough, just park them in the stroller and go to the MDR... let them sleep while you eat.

The Suite amenities are nice to have, but not completely necessary... There's always stuff to do, places to sit (with shade), and services to take advantage of... especially with 2 busy kids, you might not even be able to take advantage of the suite amenities.

Go cheap and make the most out of your holiday! You won't be sorry!

If money is no object, one of the family courtyard suites would be superb. But it looks like you could save $2900 by going with the Soltice family suite--I'm not familiar with that cabin, (size, layout) but that's a big savings.

At the age of your kids, they won't care that much what ship they are on or room they are in. Go with what you would enjoy, keeping in mind the amenities and amount of space you need.

I actually am not a big fan of Celebrity with kids. I know for my kids(5 & 8) I would only do with Disney, RCL, NCL or Carnival. I also am considering Costa since kids cruise free! I think of Celebrity as a more adult oriented ship. No waterslides or kid pools, no putt putt. I loved it for just a couples cruise. I will say I have heard nice things about thier camp counselors.

Archived