Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

I joined Weight Watchers last week and I'm determined to stick to it, I've tried loads of diets but I like that Weight Watchers doesn't restrict you from eating anything, just quantity and makes you make good choices, I lost 4 pounds in my first week which I think is pretty good going, good luck everyone!

I joined Weight Watchers last week and I'm determined to stick to it, I've tried loads of diets but I like that Weight Watchers doesn't restrict you from eating anything, just quantity and makes you make good choices, I lost 4 pounds in my first week which I think is pretty good going, good luck everyone!

Good going and good luck!

The plan makes me try new foods all the time to find lower choices.

Great job

You made the best choice. Diets all end in failure. Changing the way you eat forever works, though.

Keep it going

I am WW member and wondering how I am gong to do on the cruise

I know it is all about choices but there are too many choices

I am Leaving for Alaska on June 19th and have lost 14.8 ten weeks into the program

hope to lose a few more and if I need when I come back may have to lose the same few I put on during the cruise

I want to be on a holiday and not to worry

but it has been hard work and to stay focused

so if there are any hints out there

I would welcome them

Di

I am WW member and wondering how I am gong to do on the cruise

I know it is all about choices but there are too many choices

I am Leaving for Alaska on June 19th and have lost 14.8 ten weeks into the program

hope to lose a few more and if I need when I come back may have to lose the same few I put on during the cruise

I want to be on a holiday and not to worry

but it has been hard work and to stay focused

so if there are any hints out there

I would welcome them

Di

We're doing a 14 day B2B at the end of August and I won't have internet available to track.

So far my plan is to print out the Simply Filling technique foods list (I'm not doing that plan currently), walk a lot and use the stairs like usual, watch my portion sizes and cream sauces, use the scale in the gym on board and use the gym on sea days. I think I'll bring a small note book to write down my foods and water drinking (but not obsess about it) and I'll pack a few of my favorite herbal teas to have at night in a big thermal mug while watching the shows. Two I love are Black Cherry Berry by Celestial Seasonings and Chocolate Mint Oolong by Stash.

I may take a package of Quaker Caramel Rice Cakes to have as an emergency snack. I've been having them for breakfast, 2 points for one or 3 points for two.

I've never gained weight in the past while on vacation because we're much more active then when I'm at home and I'm more adventurous with my food choices.

I'm sure I'll still enjoy a few drinks on board but I don't usually have more than 3-4 during a cruise anyway.

I'm more worried about a one day wedding in July than 14 days on a ship. The invite includes lunch after the ceremony, antipasto bar and the full Italian dinner to follow.

Edited by KandCsailing

Hi, Everybody,

DH and I will be on the Oasis in a few short weeks. Meanwhile, I'm 11 pounds overweight. I've done Weight Watchers a half dozen times in my life and I've always been successful. Since I know the plan so well, I'm going to follow it on my own and try to get down to size by the time we sail away.

As far as avoiding weight gain while on the ship, that's going to be a challenge. There are so many tasty temptations awaiting me. But DH and I go to the gym just about every day while onboard and that helps a lot. I've also learned not to eat if you're not hungry. Sounds like a no brainer but during my honeymoon cruise, I gained 10 pounds because I ate every time it was "time to eat" even though I was still full from the last meal.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Lynn

Fantastic! 4 lbs is great. Welcome to our group.

I agree with Mackwife - don't eat if you're not hungry. If you order something and its not fantastic, put down the fork. Wait for the next course. I know its hard, but you don't have to eat it just because it is in front of you.

Best advise for the cruise - stay active!! And have fun.:) Don't stress too much about gaining weight. Get back on the plan the minute you get home.

I weighed in last night and lost 3 for a total of 13 in 5 weeks! I have a looooong way to go but I'm taking 10 pounds at a time!

Good luck everyone!

Way to go!!!! Congratulations!!

I had my WI yesterday and down 2.4 lbs for a total of 31.4 with one more WI before we leave for our cruise. My goal was to lose 30 lbs by the cruise, I've now surpassed that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the newbies. It is always nice to have new people join us. They seem to bring a fresh perspective to the program.

Congrats imags0923!. You have surpassed your goal and can now cruise and really enjoy yourself. If you gain only what you have lost in excess of your goal, you will be laughing on your return. What a great way to start a cruise.

I expected a gain this week and got it! I had my WI today and was up 1.4 pounds. I don't think that I will have a bad week like that again in a while. There was just so much stuff going on. I tracked, used my weekly allowance and was still in the hole. However, I was back on track from yesterday and will keep on tracking until my next WI. It is difficult to do my walking because of all the black flies around, but they will probably start diminishing by the weekend. Then I can back to the yard and finish that work as well. If so, then I can start adding activity points back into the mix.

Good luck to everyone with your weekly WI.

Nikki

Welcome to all the newbies. We have a very supportive group here.

Congrats to Lisa! That's so exciting. I'm so happy for you, surpassing your goal. I'd be shouting it from the rooftops and to everyone I saw. lol :D

Cool thread. I've been on WW since the first. Just list 2.5 pounds this past Sunday bringing my weight loss down to 30.1 pounds for the year. I fully expect to gain some weight back this Sunday due to the Memorial Day activities and not going to the gym this week because I'm feeling a bit under the weather.

My goal is to lose 70 more before our cruise in December. Don't know if it's gonna happen... but I'll try my best.

Thanks everybody.

Nikki I wish I was done losing my weight. My goal was 30 by the cruise but the rest by sept 23. It's looking as if I'll have about 30 more to go. My plan on the ship is to continue my workouts as I would if I were home and adding on the port intensive journeys will be an added bonus so I can splurge a bit while on the cruise. We'll find out soon enough!

Sapphirehoney, welcome and congrats on your loss. Keep up the good work!

Congrats all you losers :)

I lost .6 lbs. this week...which surprises me. The two weeks previously, I've had awesome on plan weeks and big gains. This past weekend....I was not so much OP...this week, a loss. Crazy body of mine. Sometimes what I did 2 weeks ago shows on the scale, so I'm a little nervous about next week :eek:

But, I'm back to being diligent in tracking, the good health guidelines, and walking. I feel better physically and emotionally when I do those things. I like the boundaries of tracking, and feel much more in control when I do.

Lisa, way to go!!! May I ask how long it took you to lose 30 pounds? I would love to lose 30 before we leave in September.

It took me 20 weeks. Started Jan 8th. I was strict with myself on WW when I started out, then I began exercising. I do a full body workout 6 days a week and walk 7 days. I do a program called Tabata. its a 4 minute workout, but I'm now up to 20 minutes. You can google it. the one thing i have to stress if deciding yo try it, you have to make sure you go full out in order for this program to work. There are 3 things that I kept on my mind; a) it takes 2- days to form a new habit or break an old one b) it takes 90 days for other people to notice a difference in your appearance and c) don't get discouraged!

It's so nice to hear other stories about the highs and lows of weight loss. I am so happy for all of you who are reaching your goals. I've learned to not allow the scale to be the only thing that dictates how I feel about my progress each week. Sometimes I do all the right things and don't see a weight loss. Now I try to focus on doing the right thing from day to day. If I eat right and exercise the way that I should, that's good enough for me. Maybe the scale doesn't show it because of water retention or whatever else, but I know the reward will come. I remember reading Bob Green's book, Make the Connection, about Oprah Winfrey's weight loss woes. He said that at one point she had been exercising and eating right for two weeks and the scale didn't move an inch. He said she has a very high "set point". I can't remember exactly what that means but it has something to do with it being physiologically harder for her to lose weight than most people. He encouraged her and she saw a major loss after a few weeks of seeing nothing at all. I think about that story all the time. Sorry for rambling, but I hope that helps somebody.

I've been doing pretty well for the last couple of days. It threatened to rain all day so I did one of Leslie Sansone's walking videos. It's pretty intense at times. My eating habits have been pretty good. I had a small piece of pot roast and an ear of corn for lunch yesterday. I would like to have had something lighter, but I didn't get a chance to go grocery shopping. It's so important to be prepared and have the right foods on hand all of the time. I went shopping last night and I've been on track with eating right today.

Here's to staying encouraged and doing the right thing one day at a time. :p

First of all welcome Mackwife. I agree with you about keeping on plugging away. I do tend to track every day ( if I don't I am in big trouble), and get some type of exercise. However if the right foods are not in the house, it is too easy to grab something that is not healthy or fulfilling. I need to get some more veggies in here and be able to grab something like that when the hunger strikes. I did not do well yesterday, and now have only 5 more days to forestall another gain. I will be better but hope that yesterday didn't undo a lot of the good that I have already done.

Nikki

Thanks for the welcome, Nikki. In addition to following the Weight Watchers plan I'm working with a weight loss consultant through my health insurance plan. She recommended that I forgo bread, pasta and sweets for a week to boost my weight loss. I was still eating whole grain products at the time and she said those are fine to pick up after a week because they're good carbs but giving even those up for 7 days could cause me to lose a couple of pounds quickly. Try it. It might help you save your weigh in for the week.

Lynn

Thanks for the welcome, Nikki. In addition to following the Weight Watchers plan I'm working with a weight loss consultant through my health insurance plan. She recommended that I forgo bread, pasta and sweets for a week to boost my weight loss. I was still eating whole grain products at the time and she said those are fine to pick up after a week because they're good carbs but giving even those up for 7 days could cause me to lose a couple of pounds quickly. Try it. It might help you save your weigh in for the week.

Lynn

Welcome Lynn!!! This forum has a great group of people who are very encouraging to each other and offer some great advice, you'll fit right in. Good advice about the starches, I gave up pastas and bread about 3 years ago, the sweets? now that is my daily struggle. My one treat i allow myself each night is the WW fudge bars, yummmm! Now, when I indulge the fresh, crusty italian breads and pastas I appreciate it so much more but then add extra miles and time to my exercise routine.

We're going to a charity dinner tonight "cops for cancer" and all the food is being provided by a good real Mexican restaurant. I have no clue what I'll be eating so I've been good all week and only used a few activity points and no weekly ones.

If I cut out carbs and starches I'd never eat anything at my Italian In-laws house. Pasta or lasagna, bread, breaded chicken, potatoes...sometimes the meal is 3 or 4 starches.

I love sweet stuff and candy but I'm doing well cutting back. I have sugar in my morning tea at Mom's, treat myself to a deluxe chocolate once or twice a week and I have some 1 point freezie pops in the freezer and my true love orange juice is only a couple swallows when I get a craving. I don't normally drink soda pop but I now have one diet coke when others are enjoying a beer when we go out.

As a WW member and former staff member, my advice as to ALL advice that advises you to give up ANYTHING completely is..politely say thank you and IGNORE IT.

Much of this advice is designed around getting you on a diet to achieve short term losses.

Weight loss done right is a long-term lifetime journey incorporating portion control, increase in activity and following nine healthy guidelines. ..

Want to lose weight faster? We all do...but you do it by being more vigorous and focused on the three steps above...not by deprivation, eliminating this or that entirely, fasting, meal replacement or any such other short term fixes