Star Bar as Concierge Lounge?

Journey11

I only recently realized that the Star Bar on Jewel class ships serves as the Concierge Lounge during the day for penthouse/suite/villa guests. So, for any of you who already knew this and used the Bar as the Concierge Lounge, what did you use it for? Is it just a nice place to hang out?

I always wondered about this since the "Thank You" note to Suite passengers from NCL includes the statement: "You'll also have access to the exclusive Concierge Lounge..."

Thanks in advance for any additional information you may have.

I only recently realized that the Star Bar on Jewel class ships serves as the Concierge Lounge during the day for penthouse/suite/villa guests. So, for any of you who already knew this and used the Bar as the Concierge Lounge, what did you use it for? Is it just a nice place to hang out?

I always wondered about this since the "Thank You" note to Suite passengers from NCL includes the statement: "You'll also have access to the exclusive Concierge Lounge..."

Thanks in advance for any additional information you may have.

That may be a thing of the past. At least it was on the Gem twice this year. The concierge used to have a desk in there and suite breakfast and lunch served in Cagney's annex in the back. During the day it was restricted to penthouse passengers. Bar was closed just a quiet place to sit or read.

That has changed breakfast and lunch now in the main Cagney's area as well as the concierge. Star bar area open to all. In fact we had martini clinics in there the last 2 cruises in the afternoon.

I wondered why the Star Bar had a sign at the door stating "Private Event" when there was no one in there. I have seen this on more than one past cruise. I am looking forward to that perk!

They hold the cake and champagne party in there for those that purchased the honeymoon packaged, we have done CC M&Gs there, private cocktail parties hosted there as well. All those will result in that sign going up.

Archived