Heathrow to Southampton Connection

snoozy

Hi everyone,

Is there anyone here that can help with our dilemma?

We need to get from Slough/Heathrow to Southampton for a lunch-time embarkation on the QM2 in November.

Has anyone any suggestions on an easy and cost effective way to do this with large suitcases.

Many thanks in advance.

Denise

:)

Hi, we always leave our car at heathrow as we usually sail out of Southampton and fly back to LHR. The best way we've found is to go on the National Express coach. You pre book it from Heathrow bus terminal and go straight to Southampton via Winchester it usually takes about 1 & 1/2 hours or you can do the longer trip through London which we never do as that takes hours. From my previous trips there's a coach about 10.30am

This is the best way we have found, have a great trip.

We need to get from Slough/Heathrow to Southampton for a lunch-time embarkation on the QM2 in November.

Disregard all this garbage about "trains and buses" from LHR to Southampton (or the reverse) and get picked up by Smithsforairports.com. They will meet at the time you want to depart and whisk 2 people along with their "steamer" baggage directly to the ship or the airport for about 72£ total. And they might even handle an additional rider or 2 for the same price.

We used them in June both ways from LHR and it's the only way I'm ever going again (unless the Queen send a Rolls for me.) :D

Thank you miz66 and starflyr.

Since you replied I've now had a quote from smithcars..... looks like this could be the option we will go for.

As we are leaving from the Marriott Windsor/Slough the National Express won't work for us, but thank you.

The train from Slough was an option but there are no direct trains and with the amount of luggage we have we didn't fancy lugging suitcases on and off on our own.

Once again, many thanks for your suggestions,

Denise

Six weeks today.... :)

Archived