What to do in Nassau

dollyo

I suggest Dolphin encounters. You can do the dolphin encounter or dolphin swim. It was one of my favorite excursions ever. The swim was sold out so I did the encounter and it wa sworth every penny. The dolphins hug you, kiss you... It's great. Next time the swim for sure!! Hope that helps.

I agree with the Dolphin Swim suggestion. It is expensive, but an experience of a lifetime. You have to book the swim through Dophinencounters. You can do the encounter through the ship (it's the same outfit) and the folks at the place will let you upgrade there if there is room, but no sure thing.

I know this isn't exactly the inexpensive idea you were looking for, but it is such a special excursion that it is worth mentioning. We were only in Nassau once, so have no other experience. Seems to me that a friend of mine went on a shark snorkel kind of trip there and raved about it.

You may also want to look under ports of call, where they have threads on specific ports.

By the way, we were on that same Horizon cruise last year-fantastic!

Have fun.

OOOEEE:D :D Bob and Phyl

Dollyo,

We have been to Nassau several times. The dolphin encounter is the thing to do. I'm sure that the swim would be even better, but the encounter was worth every penny. Be sure to book it online beforehand or as soon as you set foot on the ship because it sells out quickly.

If you would like to see pictures of the encounter, go to our website and look under Eastern Caribbean - Navigator of the Seas. The link is below my signature.

Enjoy,

There is a small zoo/botanical gardens called Andastra Gardens. It's only a few miles from the port. You can take a cab or bus. I believe it's the #10 bus and cost is $1.00 per person. Admission is $12 per person. Please do not expect the San Diego Zoo. Hightlights are hand feeding parrots in a large aviary and the pink flamingo show. If you wear something pink, you may be selected to join the flamingos. We spent about two hours there.

Archived