Upgraded to Premium Balcony!

Sunseeker11

I am new to cruising and let Carnival assign my room because I had no clue how to pick a room. After researching a bit I realized I was over the disco on deck 6! I am a light sleeper and figured this wouldn't work. I was looking online today and noticed an L shape room was available with the extra wide balcony, it showed it as $3.60 pp per day. I wasn't sure how it worked changing rooms so I called and they gave it to me at no extra charge! The best part is there are rooms above and below rather than a disco. From what I have read this room has good reviews - room 7416 on the Victory. Yeah for me!

I am new to cruising and let Carnival assign my room because I had no clue how to pick a room. After researching a bit I realized I was over the disco on deck 6! I am a light sleeper and figured this wouldn't work. I was looking online today and noticed an L shape room was available with the extra wide balcony, it showed it as $3.60 pp per day. I wasn't sure how it worked changing rooms so I called and they gave it to me at no extra charge! The best part is there are rooms above and below rather than a disco. From what I have read this room has good reviews - room 7416 on the Victory. Yeah for me!

Congrats Sunseeker, when we were on the Destiny a few years ago we had a wrap around balcony and a friend of ours had the cabin like yours and they had alot of room in the cabin and the balcony was also long. But if you could have gotten the corner wrap around it has the best of both worlds. You can see the side of the ship and also watch the sun go down in the back and watch the wake also. Pictures included. Happy sailing and have fun.

2200261680032790875S500x500Q85.jpg2591318770032790875S500x500Q85.jpg2066156910032790875S500x500Q85.jpg2922083170032790875S500x500Q85.jpg2863305690032790875S500x500Q85.jpg

Congratulations on the cabin change. After reading tons of posts here on Cruise Critic, I changed our cabin location to an aft for our first cruise: and we have been thrilled with that decision :D

Yes the wrap around would be nice (thanks for the pics) but that is a big upgrade - shows at $35pp per day!. I am so happy to not be above the disco and to have a larger balcony. I do realize this would make it hard to go to an inside or ocean view room in the future. The price for the balcony when I booked was so reasonable I couldn't resist ($620 pp incl. tax) it has since gone up about $200 pp

Archived