7130 or 7135 on Riviera

Love.II.Cruise

As a PS3 category, do you think this will have the extra balcony space that wraps around the Riviera like the Marina? (I ask this since other threads seem to lead that the Marina wraps around and would like to know if the Riviera may or may not do the same)

If so, despite lacking in outdoor furniture, do you think it is worth it with people above looking down on you for most of the balcony?

For those that have sailed in this category before on this deck (7), did you find your butler service good (despite most PS categories in a different location of the ship)?

Are there any downsides to being this low on a cruise with a balcony? I currently have one room reserved on the 10th deck, mid ship and have the option of switching.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

As a PS3 category, do you think this will have the extra balcony space that wraps around the Riviera like the Marina? (I ask this since other threads seem to lead that the Marina wraps around and would like to know if the Riviera may or may not do the same)

If so, despite lacking in outdoor furniture, do you think it is worth it with people above looking down on you for most of the balcony?

For those that have sailed in this category before on this deck (7), did you find your butler service good (despite most PS categories in a different location of the ship)?

Are there any downsides to being this low on a cruise with a balcony? I currently have one room reserved on the 10th deck, mid ship and have the option of switching.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

The Riviera will have the same layout as the Marina, so yes, the balcony for 7130 and 7135 will wrap around.

We’ve stayed in both 7130 and 7135. The actual balcony area is quite expansive due not only to the depth but also the width of the wrap around section. Even on a TA, there was always some area of the balcony we could sit out and enjoy the serenity sheltered from the wind while in motion.

If you are at the edge of the balcony (not under the overhang from the deck above), yes, others can view you from above. Otherwise, there is privacy under the overhang. By the time we sailed on Marina, there were two sets of furniture on the balcony.

We found the butler service to be impeccable even in this seemingly remote PH location. Our butler (originally from Regent) took care of the four PH's on deck 7 (and I think the two on 9) along with the three Owner's suites.

Issues that may or may not bother you:

7130 and 7135 are slightly narrower (aprox. 10") in the interior of the stateroom then other PH's (made up for by the fabulous balcony)

All the way at the aft end of the ship on deck 7 (close to some things; not others)

Soot on the balcony on occasion (staff does wipe down outdoor furniture daily)

Not on the upper “PH” decks (a status thing for some)

Not near the Executive Lounge (we visited this once in 29 days; never missed it)

Can feel the thrusters when docking (we felt them all over the ship not just the aft section)

These two PH3's are our first choice of the PH3's on the Marina and soon to be on the Riviera as well. However, if neither of these two were available, we would stick to the PH's on the upper decks.

Hope that helps...

Kathleen

Now that I have a room that I do not want to lose can someone please answer these questions?

This is my first Oceania cruise. How does Oceania do upgrades? Do I need to state "no upgrade" to them so they don't change my room to a cabin I don't want?

Thanks for any answers.

Now that I have a room that I do not want to lose can someone please answer these questions?

This is my first Oceania cruise. How does Oceania do upgrades? Do I need to state "no upgrade" to them so they don't change my room to a cabin I don't want?

Thanks for any answers.

You can tell your TA you are not interested in any "upsell" offers

I do not think they upgrade you arbitrarily unless you have a GTY cabin cat it may happen

Lyn

Archived