Long distance International flights??

bazzaw

Hi LuckiePuris

Thanks for your interest.

Since my OP, I have discovered quite a few things which make things a bit easier in general terms. But since our need for stopovers is probably more relevant to flights to Europe/UK than anywhere else (we used to do it non-stop, but with advancing years, that is becoming less appealing :)) , I can be a bit more specific.

We have travelled a few times with Korean Air - and have enjoyed it for a number of reasons. But I have found that (at least for online TA's) they appear to not be sold anymore by these TA's. I can't be absolutely sure - but it seems that there is plenty of good availability through the airline direct - but can't find any online TA whose online search engine now comes up with any results for KA. For us KA is almost perfect (as far as 24 hour flights can be) - they are quite inexpensive to fly with, you get a FREE stopover including dinner and breakfast in Incheon at a 5 star hotel on the way to Europe, the Koreans are the most polite attentive and hard working people we have ever witnessed :), the flight to Europe is broken at Incheon which is exactly half way to Europe - and we like Korean food! :)

KA also offers a "stopover programme" which they suggest should be organised through a TA. So - are TA's still selling Korean Air flights now?? If so, at the same airfares quoted on the KA website? I know those sound like two silly questions - but something strange is going on regarding KA flights and fares in the online TA world.

I have to add that now we have travelled to the UK and return by ship - my wife is becoming more difficult to deal with when trying to organise flights to Europe! :)

Thanks

Barry

I use a mixture. Not sure if I can mention the sites I use, but there are two sites in particular that I check out especially for multi-destination flights. For my trip to europe I kept checking the sites daily til i found what I thought was a bargain flight at christmas time, and then went into the travel agent and got them to book the flight at that price. I could have booked it online via the Airlines, but wanting to stop over in Hong Kong figured it would be just as easy to do it through the Agent. Booked a multi destination flight from London -boston - new york myself through an airline which was simple enough. Have recently just booked flights from here to dubai then singapore back home. Booked that online. I prefer to control everything myself, as that way, I dont need to go through agents should I need changes I can just deal directly.

Archived