Contacting the Ship in an Emergency

I Luv Crusin

I've looked on Carnival Wedsite but can no longer find the phone number to call the ship in an emergency. Since we are leaving our kids at home I would like them to have a way to reach us in an emergency.

I will be taking my cell but it will be off most of the time, and I will check email but in a true emergency I'd like them to be able to reach us.

Thanks!

From the Carnival Website:

How can my family contact me while onboard?

Shore-to-Ship Communication

Friends and family may call guests on board via Sea Mobile Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.

1-877-CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) – from the U.S

1-732-335-3284 - from outside the U.S

The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard; Visa; American Express; The Discover Card; Diner's Club.

I had to contact my parents for an emergency a couple of years ago when they were cruising. I left two messages with the ship and they were never delivered to them. I actually had to leave messages on their cell phones and when they were in port, they checked the messages. You might want to tell your kids this also, just in case.

Just make sure you let them know it is for EMERGENCY ONLY and not to say I miss you mommy or Tommy hit me, LOL

Just saying ....

At $9.50 a minute :eek:

Years ago I was on a cruise with my family. It was my sister's birthday and her boyfriend decided to call our cabin to wish her a happy birthday....

Needless to say, the phone bill was more than the cost of the cruise!!!!

Lesson learned the hard way for him!!! So, yes, only for a true emergency....

Do u know of the Carnival website? There is a thread called" While on Board." It is on the front page of the Carnival web site left hand side of the page, about 1/4 of the way down.

You sign up then run a test. You name the thread for yourself( or something people at home will know it is you) and you and your person at home can E-mail free all week back and forth, using this thread! Do Remember that it is public anyone can go on your thread and read it!

A free way to communicate!! We will use this to communicate with our boys back home!:D

Do u know of the Carnival website? There is a thread called" While on Board." It is on the front page of the Carnival web site left hand side of the page, about 1/4 of the way down.

You sign up then run a test. You name the thread for yourself( or something people at home will know it is you) and you and your person at home can E-mail free all week back and forth, using this thread! Do Remember that it is public anyone can go on your thread and read it!

A free way to communicate!! We will use this to communicate with our boys back home!:D

How do you retrieve it while on board. You will have no idea that a message is there so unless you plan on checking it 2 times a day it could be there for 12 hours.

In the event of an actual real emergency. Like kid in the ER they can contact carnival in Florida to get a message to the ship. You can then call, email, etc. If they call and try to speak to you it could be very pricey because they will be on hold while the ship tries to locate you which could take some time.

Thanks everyone! Just for peace of mind, our kids are in their 20's. :o But I still worry!

I'll look at the website and see if I can set up a thread!

Archived