ordering bottles of licquer while on ship

whaletaillover

;) My sister and hubby are in the cabin next to us and have decided to order another bottle from Bon Voyage before we leave so we don't have to think about it. We'll bring home any leftovers ... pretty sure that won't happen ..

Happy Crusin ... Let's GOoooo !

yeah, we're still planning on pre-ordering but considering the somewhat hefty BV prices I don't want to over order :-/ so it would be nice to know that if we run out of our bottles on day 4 of a 7-day cruise we can order another one and mix our own drinks at a slightly cheaper rate than what they charge at the bar...

Hoping to find bottles on the ship at BV prices with no 15% nor tax.

Does anybody know for sure ?

If you buy on the ship then they will keep it until the last day of the trip just like if you bought booze at port.... If you want to drink it while on your cruise then you have to order through the BV dept. beforehand and it will be delivered to your room by you Cabin Steward with your luggage. We went through this whole thing about 2 weeks ago.

If you buy on the ship then they will keep it until the last day of the trip just like if you bought booze at port.... If you want to drink it while on your cruise then you have to order through the BV dept. beforehand and it will be delivered to your room by you Cabin Steward with your luggage. We went through this whole thing about 2 weeks ago.

And lots of other people have posted that they have ordered thru room service or at the guest services desk for the same price as BV~see post #3 of this thread

It's if you buy in the duty free store that they keep it for you~ 2 seperate things!

And lots of other people have posted that they have ordered thru room service or at the guest services desk for the same price as BV~

It's if you buy in the duty free store that they keep it for you~ 2 seperate things!

This is our First Cruise so you could be right but everyone I have talked to for the past 3 months has said that once on the ship all you can buy is drinks, not bottles. We went ahead and just ordered 2 from BV beforehand bc we don't feel like risking it and then come to find out that we are stuck paying for individual drinks at ridiculous prices. BV prices really aren't that bad anyways below is the link with the pricing.... I called last week to order and they were all the correct price. If you plan on drinking then you might as well order it beforehand.... I can bet that if you can buy bottles on board they will be much more expensive if not the same price.

Bon Voyage Department open 9am-5pm EST

Should place order at least 2 weeks prior to sail date-Some have placed orders closer to sail date,, but better safe then sorry..Prices Do Not include tax

800-522-7648 Prices as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced $55

Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Scotch:

Dewar’s $60

Chivas Regal $60

Johnny Walker/Black $70

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

After Dinner:

Raspberry Liquor $40

Frangelico $45

Jagermeister $60

Chambord $60

Limoncello $60

Amaretto:

Disaronna $45

Brandy

Courvoisier $55

Apricot, Blackberry, and Cherry $40

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona – 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters – Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

I will tell you I can confirm that we ordered a bottle of Crown Royal from room service on the Triumph last October. HOWEVER, I can't remember if there was gratuity added, we tipped the person delivering our PB&J with bottle o' Crown cash, lol. Hope that helps some :)

Yes, you can order them from room service. We have in the past.

Post #3

And lots of other people have posted that they have ordered thru room service or at the guest services desk for the same price as BV~see post #3 of this thread

Thanks Allie.

Still have to know.

• Fleet wide
  • On the Spirit
  • 15% added
  • Room Service
  • Guess Services
  • Formalities Shop
  • Tax

I will double check that you can order from RS on the Conquest next week and report back!

Thanks so much. You do have some homework for your next cruise. New Menu and all. Also let me know how you make out with the shrimp. Have a save and fun cruise.

I definetly is not on all ships. The legend would not let us order a bottle of alcohol last year, but the Destiny did. When we asked guest services, they told us that not all ships allow this. Tax and tip was not added, and steward delivered bottle. Hope this helps.

Hey Cruisers !

After reading these posts I decided to call Carnival and ask the question. The rep stated that only "drinks" could be ordered thru room service and that a bottle could not be ordered. I stated CC'ers had offered different "opinions" and that just last week one of them had ordered a bottle on Pride from room service and received it.

He said no that's not possible. I asked to speak to his supervisor ... he stated he was the supervisor and would check with "customer service" (I thought I was talking to customer service). He then "hung up". I didn't get his name ..

So I emailed "customer service" with the question but no answer yet.

We sail on Pride next week (Oct.9th).

BTW ... We did order a bottle from Bon Voyage .. but thought if it wasn't enough for our group that we'd order another while onboard. :confused:

That is what I was thinking.

I definetly is not on all ships. The legend would not let us order a bottle of alcohol last year, but the Destiny did. When we asked guest services, they told us that not all ships allow this. Tax and tip was not added, and steward delivered bottle. Hope this helps.

Sorry no. I have 4 booked on the Spirit.

Archived