Military Onboard Credit

Rickster 1662

They have a military rate, which may or may not be the best rate (usually ES is the lowest rate and is the only rate that you can get price drops after final payment).

No OBC included with military rate.

If you book ES, you can then price match to the military rate .. but not the other way around, if you book military, no price matching after final payment. One guy booked a suite military and the rate dropped $700 and he was rather upset, as no place to upgrade to .. lost out on the price drop. opps.

We got upgraded to military and we got a whopping $6.42 pp OBC....really was surprised, as I expected it to be more. Oh well, we'll take it...better than nothing, right? That'll pay for our first DOD...maybe.

We booked Military for our last cruise and instead of an upgrade you can get money off your balance if it is before final payment. After final pymt, Zip. We selected a balcony cabin in a good location and didn't want the upgrade, but we did get 3 or 4 really nice price reductions before final pymt. You really do have to check with Carnival on the best way to book, on our upcoming cruise, Past Guest was a much better deal. It kind of pays to have a really good PVP that you can develop a relationship with to give you good-sound advice on booking. In addition, by having the same PVP, they will keep your DD-214 on file so you will not need to submit this for proof of military status. :)

early saver is lower then Military, but the military rate doesn't contain the same restrictions as early saver either. i've always found it lower then past guest and other rates I have found. you can't find the rate on the website though, and I don't know about Travel agents.

Archived