Golden Princess pier?

Bob R.

If you take a taxi, make SURE that the driver understands that you are on the Golden Princess. Two weeks ago our taxi took us from the Marriott to the airport after I told him "Pan Am Pier". When we got to the airport (with me trying to get him to turn around the whole way) he gets our bags out and points and says "Pan Am" (airways, no less) Finally when I reiterated "Pan American Pier, The Golden Princess" he said "Oh, Golden Princess??" loaded our bags back up and took us to the ship. I can laugh now; but at the time my blood pressure went up 50 points. The other three in our party were quite amused.

Mike

what is the distance/fare to the airport from there?

Thanks

Last year it was $16 per cab. Taxi rates in San Juan are controlled by district, so that rate applies from airport to Old San Juan or cruise piers. Distance is small, something like 8 miles, but traffic is heavy. Minimum of 30 minutes, allow longer for most trips.

Archived