A question about stingrays shore excursion

temart

We will bring my mom who is 74 years old and 2 young kids, 4 and 1. Is this stingrays shore excursion suitable for us? I know that you need to take a boat ride to the sand bar. How long is the ride? Is it bumpy? Will you get seasick from the ride?

Thanks!

I believe it is suitable for your group. The boat ride is less than an hour each way. It is not a very bumpy ride. You shouldn't get seasick unless you are very sensitive to it. If so, looking forward from the boat watching the seas during the trip can mininmize the effect.

We did the stingrays a couple of weeks ago with Nativeway tours. I'm prego and we brought our 5 year old who is not a swimmer. They made it very comfortable for us. I think you will be fine because it will be very close to a trip to the pool.

The water is shallow, about 4 feet, so the 4 year old might be able to stand and you can put your one year old on your shoulders. It took my 5 year old awhile to get off the boat but once the tour went from photo op to learning and feeding he was in. If you want you can also stay on the boat.

Calm water activities are great if you have mobility issues because the water takes the weight off your joints. The only hard part for someone who had mobility problems can be getting out of the water using the ladder. If you go with a smaller group they use a smaller boat and the climb isn't as high as the larger boats.

If it helps I've attached a pic so you know what the area is like. You can also see some of the boats.

As far as sea sickness you should be ok since your on a cruise ship prior to it but it depends on the type of boat you take, the captain and the weather. That day our trip was smooth.

1055823551_092111_1647lowres.jpg.327aa3ad5283e507911463557d197916.jpg

It's an easy and calm boat ride out to Stingray City. Should be no problem for the elderly or the young. On our trip with Moby Dick Tours (HIGHLY recommend them) there were two kids may three and five years old and they had a blast. They had life preservers for those who wanted/needed them.

CIMG2986.jpg.e4a5f6285f9848922f2aef6ba8f5cf2f.jpg

CIMG2992.jpg.445e4c2262246e309092e946f9394218.jpg

CIMG2997.jpg.ca0ef015048f3b427cd2c00fdb2b6d74.jpg

CIMG3004.jpg.45584db7731b42cd792c40645587d114.jpg

CIMG3003.jpg.8fbd4dc05a25e51555b0ebab740cf2dc.jpg

Archived