Post a Picture of Your Dress (Part 2)

CC Help Jenn

Hello!!

Has anyone purchased gowns from lightinthebox.com?

they have nice dresses and I wanted to order one.

I have, and I love them. Just make sure you order according to your measurements, not the size you normally wear in clothing. They will take a bi of time, as they are made to order.

This is one dress from Lightinthebox:

greendress.jpg

I ordered a bit to the small side, and was so happy when I lost a few pounds and was able to get it on easily. I guess you can see the excitement in my expression, lol.

Very elegant. I can understand why you look so happy.

Cheers ..

Thanks again. Do you know if the dress has a "built in bra"? I couldn't find any info about that on the site? I'm really tempted to buy it, even tho I don't need it!! :p But as I always tell my DH, "I don't need it, but I want it"! LOL

Have you ever "bid" on a dress on EBay?

It better, or I'm "sunk" get it? :D I'm pretty sure it does...from what I could gather in reading the blue one certainly does....now I'm wondering about the other one!:confused: So far every dress that I have ordered has a built in bra or boning.

I have bid on several dresses in the past...I bought four last year and won them for $10.00 each (the lady that I usually get them from) Then sometimes I just email her with an offer and so far she has accepted them...Most times if I see something that I like....I just go ahead and order it...I really hate the bidding wars...

These last two that I just bought, I did win on a bid...I got them for a steal!:rolleyes: I find that most of the good buys are really late night or early morning....

Also the lady that has made most my dresses, will always give me a discount if I order two or more at a time...

A fabulous dress. I also love the short blue and the long green. They sure have some really lovely clothes, but I've never worn a strapless dress and know I would spend all evening worrying about that. Does the dress have inbuilt shaping/bra?

Cheers .. Bev

All the strapless dresses that I have purchased have all had built in bras and boning or stays. Last year I had to take a red strapless and have it altered a little under the arms, no problem at with it slipping.

greendress.jpg

I ordered a bit to the small side, and was so happy when I lost a few pounds and was able to get it on easily. I guess you can see the excitement in my expression, lol.

Beautiful dress...love the draping & the color...you look great!

Amy

All the strapless dresses that I have purchased have all had built in bras and boning or stays. Last year I had to take a red strapless and have it altered a little under the arms' date=' no problem at with it slipping.[/b']

Phew, that's great to know - thanks for that. Some of them are so stunning, like something out of a 50s movie they're so glamorous, and I would love to feel confident wearing one.

Cheers .. Bev :)

greendress.jpg

Laurie: I would like to add a masculine point of view, and agree that it's a lovely dress. ;)

It looks as though you need to grow a few inches though! :p

It better' date=' or I'm "sunk" get it? :D I'm pretty sure it does...from what I could gather in reading the blue one certainly does....now I'm wondering about the other one!:confused: So far every dress that I have ordered has a built in bra or boning.[/color']

I have bid on several dresses in the past...I bought four last year and won them for $10.00 each (the lady that I usually get them from) Then sometimes I just email her with an offer and so far she has accepted them...Most times if I see something that I like....I just go ahead and order it...I really hate the bidding wars...

These last two that I just bought, I did win on a bid...I got them for a steal!:rolleyes: I find that most of the good buys are really late night or early morning....

Also the lady that has made most my dresses, will always give me a discount if I order two or more at a time...

$10? WOW! Would you be willing to share her ebay id? I'd love to see what she has.

$10? WOW! Would you be willing to share her ebay id? I'd love to see what she has.

Here is a link... let me know if it doesn't work and I will try again...http://stores.ebay.com/eveningdress-garden?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I have to say that she hasn't had any $9.99 dresses on for several months....I just got really lucky at the time and I had already purchased about ten eveing gowns from her so I think she really felt compelled to sell them at that price.

Her prices have gone up in the last few months, but there are some really good buys. SHe is always so kind and the service is great. I actually felt a little bad buying from another seller this last time as I always enjoy buying from her.

These are the dresses that I got last year for $9.99 The shipping was almost three times the price of the dress, but still a great deal.

The first four, red, blue, aqua and purple are the the one's that I bid on and won for $9.99 each!

I wanted the short green dress and she made one in black also....Because I ordered two she let me have them for $30 and the last three gowns were the same way....since I ordered three gowns in different colors she let me have them for a discounted price of $30.

You give her your measurements and the length you want and they will make them to your size....also if you want another color, they will do that.

It usually takes about two weeks to receive the dresses. So far I have been very pleased with the dresses...

1782468554_bluedress.jpg.88b156320c550ac54ac564142b5ebece.jpg

800002725_reddress.jpg.d9ea8d5631faee9cd759ad12a33cf678.jpg

935096068_aquadree.jpg.fe4e4b696790090ff5c3cd176c2e550a.jpg

2140935724_purpledress.jpg.868ffa5acd1148f8136247a9c2fe6bf3.jpg

1814469708_blackandgreendress.jpg.f72ac96e908d237a7c5f3f2d7b810b2a.jpg

282989090_blackgreenandgreydress.jpg.ecf3f24133f47059a5632d82c5156711.jpg

Here is a link... let me know if it doesn't work and I will try again...http://stores.ebay.com/eveningdress-garden?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I have to say that she hasn't had any $9.99 dresses on for several months....I just got really lucky at the time and I had already purchased about ten eveing gowns from her so I think she really felt compelled to sell them at that price.

Her prices have gone up in the last few months' date=' but there are some really good buys. SHe is always so kind and the service is great. I actually felt a little bad buying from another seller this last time as I always enjoy buying from her.

These are the dresses that I got last year for $9.99 The shipping was almost three times the price of the dress, but still a great deal.

The first four, red, blue, aqua and purple are the the one's that I bid on and won for $9.99 each!

I wanted the short green dress and she made one in black also....Because I ordered two she let me have them for $30 and the last three gowns were the same way....since I ordered three gowns in different colors she let me have them for a discounted price of $30.

You give her your measurements and the length you want and they will make them to your size....also if you want another color, they will do that.

It usually takes about two weeks to receive the dresses. So far I have been very pleased with the dresses...[/quote']

Thanks so much - I will take a look! Even $30 is an awesome price and it's nice to know that you have been happy with everything. You just never know on Ebay. The dresses you got are gorgeous and having them "made to fit" for that price is pretty amazing. Thanks!

More beautiful dresses everyone :)

I bought another one for our November cruise a couple of weeks ago, but I left in at my parent's house as I was travelling by train, if I can get a picture taken I will post it in the next week or so, but I am very happy with it, full length aubergine chiffon, and reduced from $300 to $75 :D

Do you by any chance have photos of how the dresses look on? I'd love to see how well they resemble the provided photos as they are beautiful!!!!

Not sure if you meant the dresses that I posted or not....I don't have any pictures yet as I have not worn them...I purchased them over the last few months for our upcoming cruises..I'm sure I have phots of some of the other dresses that I purchased from our past cruises....I'll look in awhile and see what I can find....

Laurie: I would like to add a masculine point of view, and agree that it's a lovely dress. ;)

It looks as though you need to grow a few inches though! :p

Ha, you noticed that! I have the sandals I am going to wear with the dress now, so I can officially get it hemmed. I figure it's always better to need a dress hemmed and than have it too long, so I bypass the custom length.

My husband loves the dress, and that makes it feel all the better on.

Ahh Sherrie Lynn, I am late for the party again. :o My very warmest congratulations to both you and Drew on your wedding anniversary and I am so glad that you enjoyed a lovely day together.

Your dresses are gorgeous and I especially love the latest two you have ordered. I so enjoy this thread but sigh!! our next cruise is around the South Pacific islands and I have been told the glam factor will be cocktail rather than long. I do so enjoy frocking up in a long gown. :D

Ha, you noticed that! I have the sandals I am going to wear with the dress now, so I can officially get it hemmed. I figure it's always better to need a dress hemmed and than have it too long, so I bypass the custom length.

My husband loves the dress, and that makes it feel all the better on.

Your necklace looks perfect with that dress at well, emphasising the lovely neckline. Did you buy that specifically for the dress? Even the tones of the necklace blend beautifully.

Cheers .. Bev

Ahh Sherrie Lynn, I am late for the party again. :o My very warmest congratulations to both you and Drew on your wedding anniversary and I am so glad that you enjoyed a lovely day together.

Your dresses are gorgeous and I especially love the latest two you have ordered. I so enjoy this thread but sigh!! our next cruise is around the South Pacific islands and I have been told the glam factor will be cocktail rather than long. I do so enjoy frocking up in a long gown. :D

Thank you Lynne,

Hard to believe we just celebrated 11 years.:)

I was thinking yesterday how we had just arrived home from our Honeymoon 11 years ago. We had been in Wasington DC for a week, and flew home on September 10, 2001. We had just landed at Sarasota Airport and we noticed that AF1 had just landed also. We have video of President Bush getting off the plane and of course the next morning, well we all remember what happened. :(

This year we were able to get away for a few days and had a wonderful time over in Sebring...very quiet and peacefull.

Your cruise sounds wonderful and so exotic! Just the words "South Pacific" sounds so enticing! Of course you have to share some pictures!;):)

Your necklace looks perfect with that dress at well, emphasising the lovely neckline. Did you buy that specifically for the dress? Even the tones of the necklace blend beautifully.

Cheers .. Bev

It's funny because I was looking at this particular necklace in Etsy. I thought it was beautiful, and I was thinking it could be warn with a handful of things I had. Then I realized I had just ordered the dress you see, and it was perfect for it. The nice thing too is that it is handmade, one of a kind, and only $19.00, I believe.

It's funny because I was looking at this particular necklace in Etsy. I thought it was beautiful, and I was thinking it could be warn with a handful of things I had. Then I realized I had just ordered the dress you see, and it was perfect for it. The nice thing too is that it is handmade, one of a kind, and only $19.00, I believe.

Even better. But do work a bit of magic in the tale, like, "Oh, you wouldn't believe it. I was going through a trunk in the attic and came across a box of my great grandmother's stuff, and - lo and behold - right underneath a postcard of the Queen Mary, which great gran spent her honeymoon on, I discovered this lovely piece of antique dress jewellery, and it's just the perfect match for my dress. I sort of feel that great granny is right here with me, enjoying life on the ocean waves." Okay, okay, it's a lie, and the bargain is great, but imagine how big the eyes of all those around the dining table would get as you told that story. ;)