Seeking info/advice for Alaska cruise & tour

Crzn-Life

We've been thinking of booking an Alaska cruise for some time. After viewing GweninTX panraven book we really got motivated. :) Have been checking out the various cruises and tours. Have read through the Princess info but not all questions are answered there.:confused:

Can someone who has been on a Princess Connoisseur cruisetour help? What do you really get for the extra money besides meals and is it worth the extra money? Is the tour director with the group at each stop? What about the train to Denali...is there a separate section with the tour director or do you go with everyone else? Are you assigned upgraded rooms at the lodges?

Any information or advice from those who have actually been on a connoisseur cruisetour would be appreciated. It would be great if someone who has been on a regular cruise tour and a connoisseur tour could make a comparison.

I've searched the boards for this info and not come up with anything but if something is already posted would appreciate being directed there.

Thanks.

Sorry Crzn-life, I have not done either, but I will chime in with the fact that I did do an Alaskan cruise with Princess without doing a tour along with the cruise and it is one of the biggest regrets I have. if i were to do it all over again i would certainly combine a cruise with a tour.

I know that was not what you were looking for but thought it might help some others.

We've been thinking of booking an Alaska cruise for some time. After viewing GweninTX panraven book we really got motivated. :) Have been checking out the various cruises and tours. Have read through the Princess info but not all questions are answered there.:confused:

I've searched the boards for this info and not come up with anything but if something is already posted would appreciate being directed there.

Thanks.

Easy to be confused with the literature they provide. Make sure you know what IS included and that you figure out your schedule to be sure you won't feel dragged from here to yon missing things you have read about (seeing grizzlies in Denali), while paying for things you don't really want.

Another thread going on now on same subject. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1492530

We ditched the packaged tour idea when the company wouldn't make changes that would fit the schedule which was a deal breaker for us.

Here's a link to our PanRaven book of our 2010 independent land tour that used available transportation/lodging options, no rental cars; followed by the southbound cruise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1361811

Easy to be confused with the literature they provide. Make sure you know what IS included and that you figure out your schedule to be sure you won't feel dragged from here to yon missing things you have read about (seeing grizzlies in Denali), while paying for things you don't really want.

Another thread going on now on same subject. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1492530

We ditched the packaged tour idea when the company wouldn't make changes that would fit the schedule which was a deal breaker for us.

Here's a link to our PanRaven book of our 2010 independent land tour that used available transportation/lodging options, no rental cars; followed by the southbound cruise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1361811

Thank you! Loved your album. Looks like you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for sharing.

Archived