Carnival legend, deck 8 room questions

Angiet75

so my agent just called me and said they upgraded us from deck 5( we picked this to avoid noise) to deck 8 which is right under the lido deck cafe etc. will we hear that noise? i always here you should not stay under the lido deck is this true? should i ask her to out us pack? is this really an upgrade? we were to be in 521xx and now its 82xx

Also are my chances of getting seasick worse the higher i go?

First cruise. Thanks

HELP

I have been on the that deck on the Pride and the Spirit and did not have noise issues, however it might depend on exactly where your cabin is. As for getting seasick, IMO the further forward on the ship the more likely you are to get sick.

we were on deck 8 and loved it. heard some noise from about about 5 times the whole week. loved being one deck down from the "action".

do you have an outside room/balcony? if yes, just be aware that your balcony"ceiling" will extend out a bit further than normal, so you will have less sun.

We were in the same general area in April and I was concerned, needlessly as it turned out, about the noise. I think I heard a noise from above maybe 2 or 3 times, and never at night and only if the balcony door was open.

We were on the 8th deck of the Legend this summer (8162 I think) and only one time did my DW hear them dragging chairs across the deck early in the morning. Only other noise we heard was some base of a band/dj one night but didnt last late enough to bother us. As someone else said, it was great being 1 floor down from the food and pools. No need to wait for elevators if going to lido. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived