How deep money bar?

Mommaof2

If I remember right it was a gradual drop off. I also do not like to go out deep. I like to always be able to touch bottom & I think I did there. You can email the money bar at there web site & ask to be sure. They were very good at responding to all my questions before we went.

I think it was quite rocky walking down some bigger rocks to get in the water. It wasn't like walking from sand directly into water. I remember it being a challenge (for me anyhow) with the flippers on.

While I've eaten at the Money Bar many times, I have never snorkeled there. That being said I have snorkeled and dove countless times in CZM and judging by how far out from shore the snorkel tour was I would say it was at least 15 - 25ft of water.

When your snorkeling, your usually viewing corral. The small corral formations in CZM are normally at least 10 ft tall and if you could stand you shouldn't because your not supposed to touch the corral. Make since?

Now all that being said, you don't have to be a great swimmer to snorkel. You have a life jacket, all you have to do is hover, look down and breathe threw a tube. Look up every once in awhile to see where you are at in relation to the Money Bar and adjust accordingly.

The salt water in CZM is so buoyant that I actually snorkel all the time without a life jacket and never get tired...

There are steps down into the water. Don't put your fins on until your in the water. Once you get in and to where the limited coral is you will not be able to stand. If they are not good swimmers the vest will be a must. The current at the money bar can be mild but also can be very strong depending on the conditions. The coral is OK at the money bar and the fish are nice. We like it there.

Archived