has anyone stayed in an accessible PR cabin on FOS?

ryano

I am looking for pics of the accessible PR cabins on Freedom and not having any luck. Just thought i would try here in case anyone has stayed in one.

Im in 8315 next April. Just trying to get an idea of what to expect.

I am looking for pics of the accessible PR cabins on Freedom and not having any luck. Just thought i would try here in case anyone has stayed in one.

This link of the Liberty has an inside accessible video...may be this will help some

http://www.virtualshiptours.com/Liberty-of-the-Seas.html

I will have an HC cabin on the FOS in December, and I was planning on posting some pics of it when I get back. It won't be a PR cabin, but I'm betting the bathrooms in all HC cabins on FOS are similar. :)

Unfortunately , all too often able body people purposely book or their TA recommends a HC cabin just to have the extra space. If you legitmately booked this cabin due to needing the space to accomodate a wheelchair or scooter and or need the accessible features throughout the cabin/bathroom than you would be best to repost your question on the Diasbled Cruise Travel Forum http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

If you booked only to have the extra space, perhaps you might reconsider booking another cabin as there are so few HC cabins relative to the non-HC cabins. It's hard for someone like me that must have an HC cabin and can't get one because abled bodied individuals book for the sole purpose of having a larger cabin. Those of us who depend on HC cabin tp cruise are not prevy to all the choices able bodied people have when booking a cabin.

. Those of us who depend on HC cabin tp cruise are not prevy to all the choices able bodied people have when booking a cabin.

LOL, believe me I understand..........I need the cabin or I wouldnt have reserved it :)

not that I feel I need to prove it or anything but I will anyway :) T 12 complete paraplegia

cruisepictures158.jpg

We were in a promenade accessible cabin on Freedom last Christmas.

There was plenty of room to turn the wheelchair around in the room.

I loved the window seat. Watching the parades and people watching was fun.

If you want privacy, be sure to close the drapes - people in rooms across the promenade can see right in when the curtains are open!

The bathroom was nice and large.

I will search for some pictures.

We were quiet comfortable in this room.

Happy cruising!

We were in a promenade accessible cabin on Freedom last Christmas.

There was plenty of room to turn the wheelchair around in the room.

I loved the window seat. Watching the parades and people watching was fun.

If you want privacy, be sure to close the drapes - people in rooms across the promenade can see right in when the curtains are open!

The bathroom was nice and large.

I will search for some pictures.

We were quiet comfortable in this room.

Happy cruising!

Thanks! :) I will be looking forward to the pics :)

LOL, believe me I understand..........I need the cabin or I wouldnt have reserved it :)

not that I feel I need to prove it or anything but I will anyway :) T 12 complete paraplegia

cruisepictures158.jpg

Please understand that this is such a sensitive issue because I read all the time on these forums how abled bodied people snag HC cabins because of the extra room. I tried to word my post so it was not offensive. I live with the impact of MS so that's my reason for needing a HC cabin and was lucky to get on my upcoming cruise. Though only a HC inside but better than not going at all !

Don't have pictures but this might help.

• Room is considerably larger so you will have no problem moving about the cabin in your chair. Almost twice the size of the normal standard cabin in that catagory. ( thus the reason able body people love to snag it. Others in your cabin will not be impaired in anyone because of the wheelchair in the cabin.
  • Closet has lower and or pull down clothes bars for eacy access
  • Bathroom is large enough for wheelchair.
  • Shower has a fold down shower seat. Personally I don't like the fold down seat so I request a shower seat from the Special Needs Department prior to the cruise.
  • Grag bars in shower and next to toilet.
  • Sink has no storage or cabinets below for easy wheelchair access.
  • bathroom floor can get extra wet/slippery because of the roll in shower. I ask for extra towels each day and roll them up to build a barrier around the shower once I'm in the shower. This helps to control water going all over the bathroom floor , particularly if there is a lot of ship motion
  • Don't know if the cabin door has an automatic button entry . Some do and some don't. But for what ever reason there seems to always be a cabin stewart near by that's right there to open the door for you.
  • The biggest problem you'll encounter is getting down the hallways during the day as the cabin stewards have their service carts in the hallway . Also you will sometime find that someone will leave their wheelchair, walker, scooter etc in the hallway making it difficult for someone else to get through using mobility equipment.

Archived