Destiny dining

Just thought of Destiny club dining in the Canaries this winter. Now I prefer fixed sittings but it has just occured to me that this itinery has 3 changeover days! Gran Canary, Tenerife and Maderia. It is going to be chaos with the dining arrangements bouncing back and forth between anytime and fixed sittings.

Maybe i should just go to the dining room at 8.30 and ask if i could sit at my 'normal' table anyway. Or it might be better to go at 6.30 on those evenings for a better chance of my normal table.

Don't know about the fixed dining but I did this cruise on the "Celebration" a few years ago and the 3 ports changeover was not even noticed by me. Lot's of the people on board, expats lived on the islands so were just hopping a long "weekend".

Just remembered we had a fixed time but not fixed tables so there was never a problem re. seating If we wanted to be alone we asked or if we wanted company same again.

We have also been wondering how the staff will work this. We join on Boxing Day for a week, while my parents and our friends join on 30th December for a week. Obviously we will want to sit with them for the two nights we all overlap over New Year. We also won't want to offend the people we will have been sitting with for the first few days! We will have to see how it goes once we get on board.

Carol x

We have also been wondering how the staff will work this. We join on Boxing Day for a week, while my parents and our friends join on 30th December for a week. Obviously we will want to sit with them for the two nights we all overlap over New Year. We also won't want to offend the people we will have been sitting with for the first few days! We will have to see how it goes once we get on board.

Carol x

I know its freestyle for all on a normal Destiny change over day but with 3 changeovers per week.

Still not long before cruisers start returning and we an interr... oops ask them.

Archived