Question about large group sharing cabana HMC

ohitssunshine

We have 9 of us cruising this coming February and I was thinking about renting a cabana for the day in HMC. I know they provide everything based on 4 people. I am thinking the 9 of us would be good sharing it because it will mostly be a pit stop to cool down, relax for a few and then go back out.

So- snorkeling gear...how would that work? Never used it, but would like to try it. I see they ask for your size and what.

Food and drinks- I cannot remember- can we bring any off of the ship? Like a couple cans of soda from the room to supplement what would be in the cabana? Can we just bring a cooler with us off of the ship?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

They will provide you with float mats for four, snorkel equipment for four and sodas for four in a cooler. (8 sodas total)

They will ask for your soda choices and snorkel sizes when you choose your cabana.

If you need more than four snorkel equipments, float mats or more sodas, you will have to pay the additional guest fee for each set you need. (I think it was $50 per additional person)

The cabana has four chairs around the small table and two padded loungers on the deck in the sun.

You can seat the rest of your group in the hammocks on the side of some of the cabanas and the loungers lined in front of your cabana for the masses.

As long as you don't try to pile all 9 in the cabana simultaneously, you should be alright.

I have read a couple of accounts on the Private Island board in here, about carnival tacking on the $50 pp extra fee when they found cabanas with more than the four people that were paid for.

But the three times we have been lucky enough to have a cabana, there was always at least one near us, with clearly more than 4 people using it.

They just never had everybody piled in there for lunch or something else, simultaneously.

Hope you enjoy your time in a Cabana as much as we have.

Bill

Archived