Excursions with airport transfer on disembark day

spacepotatoes

We will have a few hours to kill before our flight home after our cruise in January. We don't really want the hassle of a car rental just for a couple of hours so we're leaning towards the Carnival South Beach Experience tour with the MIA transfer. We've never done a post-cruise excursion before so I'm not sure how it works. Do we need to put our luggage out the night before and get an assigned time to disembark? Do we keep everything with us? Is there a form where we indicate that we have an excursion booked and get assigned a time to get off? I know the luggage will stay on the bus with us during the excursion, I'm just not sure how the whole process of getting from ship to bus is going work.

You said a few hours???

The post cruise excursion is for flights after 2:30pm.

From excursion description. Note: This excursion is suitable for guests with flights after 2:30 p.m. from Miami International Airport

If you are booked you will get the tickets for excursion and instructions on what to do with your luggage and where to meet the next morning.

we took an embarkation tour with airport transfer to MIA after our cruise on the Liberty in August , If I had known how this worked out we would not have even considered it, We had a 2:35 pm flight from MIA and did the Jungle Island tour .

The tour did not load up at the pier and leave for Jungle Island until almost 10 AM Carnival also combined this excursion with a tour of Marineland on the same bus , the people going to Marineland were dropped off first and were told that they would be picked up at 1:30 PM. At this point I told my wife I thought we would most likely miss our 2:35 flight. When we were dropped off at Jungle Island they told us we would be picked up at 1:15 . We told the tour driver that we would most likely miss our flight since the jungle island tour was for 2:30 flights and the Marineland tour was for flights after 3:30 PM , there were several other couples on our bus that had the same problem , they did agree to arrange special transportation for us and we did make our flights with only a short amount of time to spare.

If we had to do this again I think we would use Luggage Express to get our baggage to the airport and just take a cab to where ever we decided to spend a couple hours and then take another cab to the airport.

You said a few hours???

The post cruise excursion is for flights after 2:30pm.

From excursion description. Note: This excursion is suitable for guests with flights after 2:30 p.m. from Miami International Airport

If you are booked you will get the tickets for excursion and instructions on what to do with your luggage and where to meet the next morning.

Thanks. I did see that notice in the description. Our flight is at 3:30 PM so I think we'll be ok but yeah, that does make me a little nervous! It was originally at 5:40 PM but got bumped back. We might just hold off and see what happens. It could very well get changed again.

garyw2165, yikes! That experience would have had me worried sick until we were sitting on that plane! Definitely something to think about.

Archived