Kakao Beach?

93beachbum

It is one of the beach bars/restaurants that is on Orient Beach. As you walk along Orient, sections of the beach take on a name of the bar/restaurant that puts out chairs, such as Waikiki, Kon Tiki, Coco etc. It is just one big beach with Kakao being one of the sections. Prices should be the same as most everywhere else on Orient.

I've seen some recommendations for Kakao Beach. Would like more info on prices for chairs, cab fare, food/drink.

Would love to see some pics as well.

Thanks for your help, we leave in less than 2 weeks on oasis!:p

Kakoa is just one of many areas at Orient Beach, which is a great beach. The views are great. There are jet ski rentals, water toys, and parasailing all close by. The chairs and umbrellas are reasonable, I think we paid $10 dollars for the umbrella and maybe that much for chairs. The food and drink were good, but not cheap. I paid about $7 for a cheeseburger. I can't remember what the drink prices were, but everything was pretty standard for beachside service in the Caribbean.

To get there, you just have to take a taxi to Orient Beach and ask them to drop you off at Kakao. The cab fare is $9 each way. Taxi's are plentiful there and back.

Hope these help! brings back fond memories.

2042280490104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2856310000104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

2074130810104390106S600x600Q85.jpg

Kakao is in the 'high rent district' on Orient.

We would settle in down towards Orange Fever where a chair with umbrella, a free drink and bathroom pass run about $7.

If they got a burger at Kakao for $7 I'd be surprised.

gary

We went here last month. The beach is nice. I think any of the various "beach clubs" would be about the same. Kakao has bathrooms and an outdoor shower you can use if you rent chairs. We paid $15 for two chairs and one umbrella. It was not crowded at all that day... Not sure if things are more expensive when it's more crowded. Hamburgers were most definitely NOT $7. It was more like $13 dollars, which is why we did not eat here. A personal pizza was $16.

Each area of the beach can be identified by the color of the chairs. Kakao has dark blue and as others have said is pretty much located right in the middle of the beach.

It is probably our favorite, but I am sure any place on the beach would be just as nice.

We have made friends with some of staff there, particularly Cedric, one of beach servers. He took care of us one cruise during a big storm, getting us under a cabana and making sure our pina coladas stayed fresh. We normally get their panini sandwiches but don't find their prices extraordinary, but then again we only have a light lunch.

My wife loves getting her massage in the little grass shack and returns to the chairs all smiles ;)

We'll be back in about 45 days.

Archived