Mariner of the Seas Pool Band and Captain?

Last year we had Mega Four on the Mariner of the Seas and I could not believe how well they sound. Does anyone know who the pool band is? Does anyone know who the Captain will be? We are sailing May 29th.

Thanks.

Oh, if not Mega four then what did you think about the pool band you had (If recently on MOS)?

The captain will be either Tor Olsen or Capt Johnny. Capt Olsen should be on Mariner now and I believe he will be on until sometime in May (I think). Him and Capt Johnny do 13 week rotations so if anyone knows when they switched last you could figure out when they will change again.

The pool band that has been on the Mariner since October 2004 is the island band Focus. They are fabulous. I can't imagine a group better than they are. I saw them in November and January on the Mariner....they told me they would be leaving the Mariner sometime in May, but did not know the date....so, maybe when they leave in May, Mega Four will return.

I'll be sailing the Mariner the week of May 8th, so I can let you know when I return!

Cruzintime,

We were on the Mariner 6/05 last year also and listened to the Mega Four. They were wonderful. We are due to go on her again this year in July. Can't wait. Did you have the CD John Heald? Was he great or was he great?

Dell,

I don't have John Heald's CD. I hope we get someone good. I remember laying back in the pool listening to all the different song Mega Four was playing and thinking Man, they sound good on about everything. Adventure Girl sure gave high marks to Focus but apparently they won't be there when I get there.

I have heard some good things about Capt. Olsen as well but Capt Johnny was very personable last year. Plus, you kinda come to expect his wise chinese friend jokes daily. :)

When were you on the Mariner last year - your CC name looks familiar? We were on the 6/20/04 sailing. Our threads were lost when CC updated. This year I am going to try to make our thread available offline so I can look back at all the topics discussed.

His full name is Johhny Faevelen and his nickname is Captain Johhny. He is one of the best Captains I have seen on a cruise ship. I like To Olsen and we will see him again next week onboard the Mariner, but I kinda wish Johnny was back onboard.

Tim

Archived