MSC Yacht Club upgrade sale - Question for MSC USA

BethV114

I've seen this promotion a few times. You apparently book a standard balcony suite and receive a complimentary upgrade to a Yacht Club Suite.

I have a few questions that I was hoping the MSC USA poster might be able to answer so that I can determine whether I'm really interested in booking an MSC cruise before bothering my travel agent.

First, does this include all of the benefits of booking a Yacht Club cruise (i.e. the airfare and post cruise hotel) or just the onboard benefits such as butler, access to the Yacht Club, etc.?

Second, what is a typical 3rd/4th person rate as compared to the 1st/2nd passenger rate (i.e what percentage)? We would most likely be looking at a cabin for 4.

We've only sailed Royal Caribbean and Celebrity, and are really quite loyal to Celebrity, especially after having stayed in one of their better suites. However, we would like to see what our dollars might get us in terms of booking a suite on another cruise line for a European cruise.

Thanks!

Well, I guess that answers my question about whether I'd be interested in MSC. If their rep can't be bothered to even acknowledge my question, it makes me wonder what kind of service I can expect on their ships. I've seen several posts by MSC USA since I posed this question.

Dear BethV114-

It appears that possibly there was a glitch as we did reply to your post. In regards to the information you requested, the Yacht Club upgrade only includes the cruise portion; unfortunately the hotel and air are not included in this upgrade. As well, 3rd/4th guest's are not a set percentage; it depends on the sailing. I hope this clarifies! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

~HAPPY SAILINGS!~

MCS Cruises USA

Yes, I think there was a glitch in the Cruise Critic system because I asked a question and it was somehow deleted.

My question was this: do children sail free as the 3rd or 4th passengers on the Yacht Club upgrade? I'm planning a cruise on the Fantasia in March with my family, and my kids are sailing free. If I can upgrade to Yacht Club without paying extra for my kids, then it might be worth it for me.

Dear BethV114-

It appears that possibly there was a glitch as we did reply to your post. In regards to the information you requested, the Yacht Club upgrade only includes the cruise portion; unfortunately the hotel and air are not included in this upgrade. As well, 3rd/4th guest's are not a set percentage; it depends on the sailing. I hope this clarifies! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

~HAPPY SAILINGS!~

MCS Cruises USA

Archived