Island Marketing

csunshine860

With the time change in port I really do not recall, but those ruins are about as far as you can go by vehicle & boat & spend time there, & return to the tourist village in time for your tender back to the mother ship.

It was a fun day & the ruins were quite interesting & we have seen about all of the major Myan ruins in Mexico from Coba to Palenque.

Look it up on their site for the timing details.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

With the time change in port I really do not recall, but those ruins are about as far as you can go by vehicle & boat & spend time there, & return to the tourist village in time for your tender back to the mother ship.

It was a fun day & the ruins were quite interesting & we have seen about all of the major Myan ruins in Mexico from Coba to Palenque.

Look it up on their site for the timing details.

Enjoy Belize.

Bill in FL

Do you remember what time the tour began.......?

Belize time or ships time ?

Probably 9 am Belize time & the ships time would vary if you were on DST or EST.

We probably had to be on the first or second tender to the tourist village to meet their rep just outside the tourist village, for the short walk across the street to where they meet for all of their tours for that day.

Once there we did not wait very long until we departed.

It was a fun time including the long speed boat ride to & from the Lamani ruins.

And there was a great included lunch once we were back to the boat launch area.

Their web site will tell you all of the timing details.

I booked the Lamanai tour with Island Marketing.

I enjoyed the tour guide, the ride up the new river, the lunch and what ruins we got a chance to see.

However, I didn't like the fact that Island Marketing had people from two different ships with two different sailing times together. The people on the Legend had to wait about a hour for my ship (Dream) people. We were rushed once arriving at Lamanai with the meal and ruins to get back for the earlier ship departure.

We got back with less than 30 minutes. The people from the Legend was getting nervous,esp when we got close to the port and had to turn around and go another way.

I would only do this tour if it was only people from my ship and not with different times.

I have some pictures from my tour, go under the Alternative Lamanai Tour Guide to see my pictures

Archived