Trunk v. Megans Bay

Boatingmom

Trunk Bay is famous for its snorkeling trail that has signs planted underwater explaining some of the underwater plants/animals you might see. Magens doesn't have a snorkeling trail.

Magens is for swimming in calm waters; Trunk is for snorkeling AND swimming.

We've been to Trunk and Magens Bay, have to say Trunk Bay was our favorite by a mile. It was much less crowded although and the boat ride over is really nice too.

We are back in St Thomas next month, trying to decide on going back to Trunk Bay or checking out Sapphire Beach.

Can anybody compare the two for me? We've been to Megans Bay, saphire Beach, Coki Bea h and Honeymoon Beach. We loved Megans Bay for the solitude. Should we return or be adventerous and head over to Trunk Bay??

Be adventurous! We have been to and loved both, so try something different that you haven't done. Trunk Bay is beautiful and the boat ride over is nice too. I went snorkeling for the first time at Trunk Bay and I was amazed at all the beautiful colors of the fish. I was hooked after that. I don't think you would be disappointed and you would be able to add another beautiful beach to the list you have been to. :D

Be adventurous! We have been to and loved both, so try something different that you haven't done. Trunk Bay is beautiful and the boat ride over is nice too. I :D

We've been to Trunk and Magens Bay, have to say Trunk Bay was our favorite by a mile. It was much less crowded although and the boat ride over is really nice too.

Trunk Bay is famous for its snorkeling trail that has signs planted underwater explaining some of the underwater plants/animals you might see. Magens doesn't have a snorkeling trail.

Magens is for swimming in calm waters; Trunk is for snorkeling AND swimming.

All these folks are 100% correct. I don't think I've seen a more beautiful beach than Trunk Bay. The snorkeling "trail" is really great. The beach sand is soft and white and the view of the islands is just breathtaking.

Bring a camera for above & below water pictures. It is probably one of the most beautiful places on earth. The sail over is nice too - we saw a flying fish traveling alongside our boat for quite a distance! It was amazing to see it "run" over the water next to us!

Archived