Zebrugge to Bruges

chrob

What is the best way from the cruise dock to Bruges?

Is it walkable to the train station in Blankenburg to get the train to Bruges or is it better to get a taxi?

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from the cruise dock to Bruges?

When we were there a couple of years ago, the cruise line offered a shuttle service from the dock to Blankenburg train station. We took the shuttle

and then took the train from there to Brugge. On the return we took a

taxi back to Blankenburg to get the shuttle, and if I remember correctly

it was about $25 for the taxi. The walk from the train station into Brugge

is about half an hour.

Sondi

HI chrob,

We are also on the Jewel May 1 Tranasatlantic. As far as I can tell RCCL doesn't seem to provide that transport. I suspect this is because they have two different Brugge tours that they sponsor and they want people to sign up for them.

If you get a chance check out the Yahoo group site I set up for the cruise. It has links for each of the ports as well as other information you might be able to use.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/warrenm_us/

Also check out the CC roll call for the cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=51547

I think someone on the rollcall was looking for others to share a cab to Brugge. We already have an excursion planned with several other couples and a couple who live in Belgium so we will be there also.

Have a great next cruise.

There is in fact a train from Zeebrugge to Bruges direct. Its about 12 miles in total. However I don't think its particularly frequent. Although Zeebrugge station would be walkable from many berths, its got to be about a mile through a container park from what I remember - so a taxi would be a better option. The belgian train company is http://www.sncb.be which may be able to identify a timetable for you.

The problem is that we and Chrob are on the Jewel and we are going to be in Zeebrugge on a Saturday. When you check out the train schedules you will find the trains don't run from Zeebrugge to Brugge on weekends. I don't know why but they don't.

There is another station that is relatively close that trains do run and that is mentioned in the above link.

Have a great next cruise.

Archived